Ordered Turner Engine for 2004 DII - Page 6 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Land Rover > Discovery II
Reload this Page >

Ordered Turner Engine for 2004 DII

Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordered Turner Engine for 2004 DII

Old 09-13-2018, 05:22 PM

The break in additive is most important at start up. Make sure they add it. Change the oil after 50 miles then again after 500.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jason_B View Post
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I am all for doing things right and by the book. I will change the oil after a few hundred miles for sure, and I can add the break in fluid myself once getting the vehicle back if they did not use it when starting it up and test driving.

I did request that they clean the rocker covers and they said they got them all cleaned up. I believe the engine is scheduled to be started today so it might be a little late to request that the PCV be installed. If you don't mind, can you explain how this part works different from the default operation? I will mention this to the shop just in case it is not too late in the process.

Thanks!
if the rocker covers are on, itís too late to remove the separator, and the plastic piece at the intake you can change yourself very easily, obviously you had wrenched a bit on it.

there is a thread on that, but most importantly think about the oil change at 50 miles, and 500 miles. I donít remember doing a 50, but I may have. Talk to the shop, do some research, ask Turner. Make sure that compcams additive or suitable product gets in there with conventional 15w-40.

It can be hard to get the shops to listen to you, but be insistent, use info from Turner, and make them do it. Whatever Turner recommends take as the word of God as that is the warranty youíll need to keep to.

Last edited by CollieRover; 09-13-2018 at 05:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CollieRover For This Useful Post:
Jason_B (09-13-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by CollieRover View Post

if the rocker covers are on, itís too late to remove the separator, and the plastic piece at the intake you can change yourself very easily, obviously you had wrenched a bit on it.

there is a thread on that, but most importantly think about the oil change at 50 miles, and 500 miles. I donít remember doing a 50, but I may have. Talk to the shop, do some research, ask Turner. Make sure that compcams additive or suitable product gets in there with conventional 15w-40.

It can be hard to get the shops to listen to you, but be insistent, use info from Turner, and make them do it. Whatever Turner recommends take as the word of God as that is the warranty youíll need to keep to.
Thanks again. I found another thread about the PCV mod. Is removing the seperator important on relieving the pressure? Thanks for answering these questions, just trying to get an idea of this system.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jason_B View Post
Thanks again. I found another thread about the PCV mod. Is removing the seperator important on relieving the pressure? Thanks for answering these questions, just trying to get an idea of this system.
I donít think it is 100% necessary, and not worth dismantling to do, but the PCV valve will allow better flow of crankcase pressure and not allow reverse airflow. Itís not like super heavy duty important, just a good cheap upgrade from Best4x4 who has never steered me wrong. It can wait, getting the engine broken in properly way more important.