Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part numbers's needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Speak for yourself!
Oh. really, I guess younger the one that didn't...

Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by naivedisco2

Julian, your threads are consistently becoming more and more combative... At some point, you have to look at how smoothly the rest of the forum is operating and wonder what is going so wrong with all of your threads. I was really interested early on in your build thread but it too devolved into you ignoring free, helpful advice and blaming your issues on outside sources.

Either rage against the machine or join it. Don't rage against the machine and then ask it for help.

Interesting interpretation. I had the impression too members were giving me some **** over part numbers for a center console. Seems nobody makes stink when other members hijack threads or give **** but the minute I bite back Im labeled the bad guy. Now some of you want the thread removed/censored? Give me a ****ing break. This is America. When did people become so weak, sensitive and butthurt? In any case I give what I get. Show me respect and respond with helpful tips instead of unhelpful opinions and I will be very grateful and return the same respect. When idiots start bringing up **** from YEARS ago or try to shame me with how I used to dress, bet your *** Im gonna bite back. Dont like it? Kiss my pale white ***

Im here to enjoy everything related to classic Land Rovers. I try to keep politics and other **** out of this threads but theres always someone whos gotta pull other **** into my threads. All I wanted were part numbers for a few parts. Simple and straight forward.

Zack: I mention Antifia in part as a joke. Supposedly they started out as a good cause and evolved into a violent organization that promotes violence against white people, violence against cops and hate speech. But I have not bothered researching these claims myself because why would any social justice organization do something like that? Surely if Antifa was committing acts of physical violence against fellow Americans then Patreon would have banned their account like they did Lauren Southern in response to her presence at the Defend Europe event. Just rumors

Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

“I had the impression too members were giving me some **** over part numbers for a center console.”

No, I personally was giving you some**** because you were mad that you couldn’t find the part numbers for the parts you wanted from eBay sellers you had no intention of patronizing. I used, as an example, the people who come into my wife’s shop to take photos of the labels of items they intend on buying from Amazon. I also mentioned that one of the major reasons Rovers North discontinued genuine part numbers in their Series catalog 17 years ago was because people were using their catalog as the defacto Series parts catalog when they were ordering from other retailers. They developed their own part number system and while I may have cursed them at the time, I completely appreciate their motivation, today.

I also tried to make the point, that was sadly missed in its entirety, that back when you were selling parts, you were not being fair to your customers. You were mislabeling items and selling questionable parts from vehicle systems that you had said were not functioning properly in other threads on the same bulletin board. There is a certain irony in your calling out a seller on eBay for not publishing part numbers when, at one time you were completely mislabelling parts you had for sale.

“When did people become so weak, sensitive and butthurt?”

I don’t know. You tell me. It seems like most of the “butthurt” talk comes from people your age, not mine.

“ Show me respect and respond with helpful tips instead of unhelpful opinions and I will be very grateful and return the same respect.”

You have to earn respect. So far, in the roughly six years I’ve seen your posts under Triar or Shadow Merchant, it's the same whining little boy I first encountered when I tried, tactfully, to get you to be a bit more accurate with your classified posts. You genuinely display problems with your ability to manage anger and seem to feel everyone is out to get you. Have you ever, for an instant, stopped to think that how you project yourself on these boards might relate directly to how people are responding to you?

Honestly, I think learning how to meditate would be a worthwhile pursuit for you. It might help to quiet down all the noise in your head and reduce the need to lash out at people.

The following users liked this post:
Jeff Blake (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
You were mislabeling items and selling questionable parts from vehicle systems that you had said were not functioning properly in other threads on the same bulletin board.
Thats ****ty.

“When did people become so weak, sensitive and butthurt?”

I don’t know. You tell me. It seems like most of the “butthurt” talk comes from people your age, not mine.
ehhh, I know just as many older folks that b*tch and moan about stupid little stuff as I do young people. Its just different insignificant sh*t.

“ Show me respect and respond with helpful tips instead of unhelpful opinions and I will be very grateful and return the same respect.”

You have to earn respect. So far, in the roughly six years I’ve seen your posts under Triar or Shadow Merchant, it's the same whining little boy I first encountered when I tried, tactfully, to get you to be a bit more accurate with your classified posts. You genuinely display problems with your ability to manage anger and seem to feel everyone is out to get you.

Honestly, I think learning how to meditate would be a worthwhile pursuit for you. It might help to quiet down all the noise in your head and reduce the need to lash out at people.
I disagree. Everyone should start with respect, through respect that can quickly be lost and from the sounds of it Julian most definitely started with respect and quickly lost it. Totally fair. in 6 years its no wonder the tact and shine has worn off of *everyone's attempts.

I agree on the meditation whole heartedly.

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Kiss my pale white *** :
White devil and his white privelage, at it again. /sarcasm, since the white devil seems to take everything personally.

In all seriousness, I've never had any issue with any of the US parts retailers. I typically go through Lucky 8 or Abram because I ran across them first and both have gone above and beyond to help me before. That said, I've also used RN, Paul Grant, as well as John Craddock, Amazon, multiple eBay sellers, and who knows who else.

Ive never had one issue with any of them. Yeah, ive gotten a couple bad parts, but everyone has always gone above and beyond to fix the issue and they're all really f*ckin polite as long as you are.

Here's some food for though; first, I doubt RN goes through every part to check them for "quality control" because... Get this... they're not a manufacturer. Secondly, if almost all of your professionally installed parts were messed up, ever think that maybe your mechanic might've been a hack? Again, just a thought.

I see a lot of pent up sh*t from both sides on this specific matter some of which is petty such as the clothing thing, but Julian my man... Grow a f*ckin pair and just say "sorry I f*cked some stuff up, sorry I was a bit of an a**hole, lets have a rational conversation." I think everyone would be happy and willing to do that.

The following users liked this post:
ZGPhoto (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I'd still like to see the goth clothes. That's hilarious.

Show me, show me, show me how to lock my diff!

Last edited by dtmbinb; 08-25-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Interesting interpretation. I had the impression too members were giving me some **** over part numbers for a center console. Seems nobody makes stink when other members hijack threads or give **** but the minute I bite back Im labeled the bad guy. Now some of you want the thread removed/censored? Give me a ****ing break. This is America. When did people become so weak, sensitive and butthurt? In any case I give what I get. Show me respect and respond with helpful tips instead of unhelpful opinions and I will be very grateful and return the same respect. When idiots start bringing up **** from YEARS ago or try to shame me with how I used to dress, bet your *** Im gonna bite back. Dont like it? Kiss my pale white ***

Im here to enjoy everything related to classic Land Rovers. I try to keep politics and other **** out of this threads but theres always someone whos gotta pull other **** into my threads. All I wanted were part numbers for a few parts. Simple and straight forward.

Zack: I mention Antifia in part as a joke. Supposedly they started out as a good cause and evolved into a violent organization that promotes violence against white people, violence against cops and hate speech. But I have not bothered researching these claims myself because why would any social justice organization do something like that? Surely if Antifa was committing acts of physical violence against fellow Americans then Patreon would have banned their account like they did Lauren Southern in response to her presence at the Defend Europe event. Just rumors
In the very first reply to your thread, I gave you a link to the free microcat database which lets you look up part numbers using the same blown-up diagrams that rovers north uses. All the parts are in there, easy to navigate. I guess it blew over your head because it wasn't laid out for you on a platter...?

Then Paul was nice enough to do the work for you, and provide part numbers, along with screenshots. You said 'thanks' and jumped into drama. Priorities, right?

What the f*uck man? Your thread was resolved on the first page. By the way, who buys those kind of parts? New, especially? Go to a junkyard. Or make something on your own. Use McMaster-Carr. Get creative. Shopping for brand new cosmetic parts on a 17 year old truck is a fools errand. I'd say ask paul or abran but you've burned that bridge

Last edited by Jeff Blake; 08-26-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hey guys, let's cut the bitchiness eh, we all drive D2's for fun not for starting **** silly bitchiness games.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
As you probably don't know him personally, Julian has some odd fetish with the UK. Rovers, wanting a UK wife, wanting to move to the UK, etc.
Speaking of Julian, Rovers, and fetishes, here he is in a photo from a photoshoot he had done a few years ago. I guess he added himself to the Rover once he discovered the brand.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

That's not women's clothing, that's a umm, leather kilt, yeah a leather kilt. Those aren't stockings... they are high tech thermal underwear, in a fashionable color. That's not a corset under his faux silk top, it's an ab workout thing-a-majig.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Catastrophic Failure

"
Catastrophic failure:
TRIARII

"

Quick Reply: Part numbers's needed