Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger door is stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door is stuck

I'm having problems with my passenger door, for some reason my door is stuck i am able to open and close the door lock with the key fob from the inside of the door and with the central locking but if i try to pull the second time the door handle the door don't open if you try from the outside it also don't open the door.

I feel that is a superlock problem because the driver door lock was not working to get in/out i was using the key or the door handle from the inside to open it, the last time that i was able to open the passenger door when i lock the driver's door the door lock works and i was supprised and happy that it open and close.

When i start feeling that the alarm system stop working good was because the alarm trigger by it self with no reason in the night and after than i was keeping the alarm off returning a bit the key to turn the dash led off to avoid trigger it also one time that i let the alarm on my breake pedal switch dye.

Any sugestions to open the passenger's door?

Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

do the 2 rear doors and cargo doors open with the remote? If you use the door handle on the inside will it ope? Will the drivers door open when using the key outside in the lock and will the rear and cargo doors unlock that as well? I ask this because I have the same problem if the symptoms are the same. Will the master button in the dash unlock any of the doors?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally opened the superlocked door. What happened was that by mistake I double locked with the key on the door to lock the rest of the doors.
Symptoms:
1. Door locks open with key, master lock and interior door handle.
2. Passenger door doesn't open, but the actuator works.

Solution:
Open the window, and remove the two Phillips screws from the interior door holder. Then, remove the black interior window trim. Then, apply a fast, forceful push from the back corner to the front, right before the dashboard in order to seperate the plastic door panel, making sure to be careful so it doesn't break. Using a flashlight to be able to see the door latch, apply a lot of WD40 close to the part attached to the door. At the same time, pull and release the outside door handle. With the key FOB, double click the lock button, then the unlock button without stopping applying WD40. Pull the outside handle repeatedly while doing this. Begin listening to the superlock motor as it tries to work until it releases the door. After the door is open, clean the latch until is clean and free of grime and dirt.
Then follow the instructions that Savannah Buzz is giving in this link

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...uctions-46457/