Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plz help big prob !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plz help big prob !!

im having a problem with my alarm i think, ill start the story from the beginning. Today i had my disco 2 in my garage to give it a good cleaning out inside after i was done i drove it for about a hour and came home where i set the alarm and went inside, about a 2 hours later the alarm started to sound so i went out side and turned it off with the key remote, thinking maybe one of the doors wasnt shut the whole way i went around the truck and opened and closed doors hood and rear gate and the alarm wouldnt set by the key remote so i had to set it by the door lock, about 30 mins later i unlocked the truck with the key remote and jumped in to pick up pizza where i noticed my fog lights wouldnt turn on so i started checking everything to see what works and what doesnt so heres a list of what doesnt work now mind you this all worked about 3 hours before this, fog lights wont turn on lil red lights on my bumper wont work, the defrosters for the windows wont work and 4 way's and turning signals wont work either, also right next to the mile gage where it tells you what gear you are in is flashing looks like a D with a x in the middle, oh yeah when i got to the pizza store i hada issue getting it out of park like that acutator isnt working any help would be great X-)

00 Disco 2
146000 and running strong

Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Plz help big prob !!

Have you checked all of your fuses, including the one's under the hood?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Drifting

i did a quick sweep of fuses i thought may contribute to the problem, but im gonna do a more through search thru the fuses tommoro, atm i unhooked the bat to see if it would reset anything but after 30 mins of being pwr less i hooked it back up and have the same problem

Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Drifting

ok i checked all my fuses not a single one was bad also i called LR out of Buffalo and they said thye have never heard of this kind of problem before and had no real suggestions other then try to change my key's battery so im changing this now, also the passenger door lock is sticky anychance these problems are linked ?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Drifting

ok update X-) i changed the key batt and it didnt seem to fix it at first so i went and threw a temper tantrum inside the truck and started to **** with it by turning on the ignition and messin with the 4 way button and waaala it fixed its self everything is back to normal and my BP droped after that, i have no idea what caused this problem and by the looks no one else does either so im not gonna use my alarm, is there a chance that my turning signal relays are taking a poo ? i have noticed in the past if it is real cold out side i can turn on the signal and it lags for about 3 second before they decide to work as always Thanks for any input