Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Stays ON & Cigarette Lighter outlet Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2023 | 01:45 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by Discorama
Let me know if you were able to get your hands on some schematics. I am interested too, since I built my own unit and needed some info on the internals for correct interfacing. So far I could figure out some parts by reverse engineering the schematics from PCB, but having the manufacturer's would have been great. In case you are interested in my DIY head unit: https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...d-unit-107501/ Unfortunately, I can't make it in numbers and offer them for sale, because it would get too expensive.
I wrote a nice email to Alpine USA and they told me that the radio with that reference number (XQD000340PUY) "seem to be OEM as that's not a model number of one of our aftermarket products. We only have information on our aftermarket products. Anything OEM would be handled through a dealership service department." I asked them if they could refer me anywhere and they told me :"No".

Btw, cool head unit!! Do you happen to have a parts list? (would be a cool project)

Old 10-23-2023 | 03:21 PM
|
Drifting

POST WEEKEND UPDATE: ISSUE FIXED (video)

So after gently dusting and lightly scrapping a couple of areas on the circuit that somehow had some "rust" (?) I close the unit again and put it back on the Disco wishing that at least it would turn on and not only it turned on but somehow it now turns off as intended.

As much as I want to tell myself that whatever I "cleaned" on the board while it was opened, I wonder if it would have fixed itself if i had just unplugged it all together from the Disco and leave it out for a couple of days.

Anyway, I am happy this issue is resolved. I will be looking at installing the cigar aftermarket replacement and the Add-A-Circuit once i receive these parts later this week.

Thank you all for the suggestions I did learn a few critical things that I can refer to when encountering any future issues with the Disco (such as looking at the electrical manual and the electrical diagrams).

Best,
macutan

Last edited by macutan; 10-24-2023 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo and video
The following users liked this post:
mollusc (10-24-2023)
Old 10-23-2023 | 05:11 PM
TReK

Great news

macutan (10-24-2023)
Old 10-23-2023 | 06:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Could be some conducting stuff sitting on the PCB traces or a bad soldering point. Bad soldering point are not uncommon, especially when it's a device exposed to frequent temperature cycles and vibrations. The latter is not fixed by just cleaning, so the problem can come back. I had a similar problem with a power amp, after powering it up several minutes later it started to distort the sound slightly. A slight tap on the housing "fixed" it for a few seconds. I tried to find the cause several times but had never success. Finally, after years I found a bad soldering point.

macutan (10-24-2023)
Old 10-29-2023 | 10:07 AM
|
Drifting

One last one on this Post from me (i hope).

I bought the aftermarket part below to replace the existing (faulty) cigar outlet. Since the diameter of this part is slightly larger than the hole on the center console for it, does anyone know what tool that I could use to widen the panel hole in a tidy and clean way?