Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Service Engine Soon"???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Service Engine Soon"???

I have a '03 Disco 2 that just hit 92K. The Service Engine Soon light has come on, I have taken it to O'Rielly's to plug it in and they said nothing is wrong with the vehicle, erased the codes and the light went off..... But, then the light came back one a day later. I took it to Advanced Auto Parts, they did the same thing and the light went off for a Day and came back on.

I have scheduled an appt. with LR and am going to bring it in.

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what it could possibly be.

I have notice one thing with the way the vehicle runs that doesn't seem right, when I put the Cruise Control on the car seems to be having trouble staying at its designated RPM for the speed. It feels like it is pulsing the gas to keep the car going. The revs are not staying in one place. it drops a few hundred then speeds up quick for a second or two and lets the RPM go back down.

Any one know what I'm talking about?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Don't take it to the dealer, the cost of $100 plus and probably the wrong answer will be up setting.
Do you have a friend with a scanner, if so have them try. If the light comes on, you have a problem and some sort of a fault notice should show up.
You might try driving it hard for a day or so, floor it when you can, to see if you can make the ECU look closer and find whats wrong.
Let us know what happens.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike for the Reply.

I took it in and did the Computer plug in check and nothing came up wrong.
I then proceeded to put 4,000 miles on the car, with the light on. and the vehicle drove fine the whole way except for the occasional Cruise Control Struggle. The Dealer ship has already quoted me the price of checking the vehicle at $165, once that is done they will let me know the problem if any and what my options are to do. I know I can handle some of the problems that could be happening, but if there is a Cruise control problem or Feul system problem I will need help. So right now the dealership is MY best option for figuring the problem, if any.