Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shakes When At A Complete Stop

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:24 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
You need a tune up, new plugs and wires, you already changed the plugs, but they might be bad already because you are running with bad plug wires.
Your O2 codes were because of the bad tune up, resetting the check engine light fooled the ECU for a short while, if its not back on yet your CEL will come back on, and prob throw O2 codes again.
Let it go long enough and you will also get random misfire codes.
Top of the page if help on replacing the plug wires.
Howdy - Man, oh, man..... A bud of mine helped with changing the spark plugs and spark plug wires and it was hell to get it done! We spent a good 6 hours working on it yesterday and ran around town looking for 8mm wires. Once completed, we drove the truck for a good 20 miles and drove good, the check engine light is now off, however, I still feel somewhat of a shake, but it comes and goes.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
First don't guess, if you have a check engine light on, get the codes read and then fix it.
As mentioned above it could be something as simple as the need for a tune up along with a new set of 8 mm silicone wires.
Also, a bad tune up is not the usual reason for failing issues, mileage, contamination of coolant or oil are the main reasons.
Also big on the list for engine shakes can be a cracked motor mount, especially on the drivers side.
Howdy,

Thanks for this info! I'll go ahead and take care of the oil and coolant. A few weeks ago my truck started to over heat on the road and all I had was water. I added the water to the coolant compartment and drove to the nearest AutoZone for coolant. I'm thinking the coolant added was not added properly. I'll take a closer look.

-B