Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS airs up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fix it..

Originally Posted by vader wagon
jgeorge,

If you need it NOW and are limited on budget, it's awesome that Disco Mike is offering his time and knowledge.

FWIW, my DII's SLS was acting up and got a OME 2" medium duty lift once the bags were down as much as up--something that really freaked out my wife. I don't regret dumping the SLS one bit either. BTW, it was cold weather that seemed to give my SLS fits, it ran "okay" in warm weather.

I recently replaced the OE bumper with an currently-empty ARB winch bumper and the MD springs compressed in the front--probably ~.2-4" and I have a bit of a hot rodder look going with the rear higher. Some hate that look, I don't mind it. However, the tires I'm running fit great, so no big deal. And when loaded, it should level out a bit, so even less of a deal. If you *think* you might want to run like this and don't want to lose any lift loaded, get the HD springs. Just my thoughts.
Call Toddco and get some shims or 1" spacers for the front if you are not getting a winch. There not that expensive. Todd will get your truck looking right.

Thanks Chris