Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small Modification Write Ups + Index of Mods (Alex_M)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 967 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by cappedup
Creates extra downforce at the back. More tyre grip. Extra acceleration getting away from stop lights.
This is exactly the reason they're there. Very keen observation.

No, they're for when I'm camping. I sleep in the back of my truck when I camp and it gets warm back there, so the fans are to get me a little air flow so it's not so hot.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Camel Trophy

I love seeing these other cheap mods, buuut... I made this thread so I wouldn't flood the forums with my own mods. OffroadFrance has a great post somewhere to link to other mods. I won't link them in my original post since they're not mine, but still feel free to post them because I love seeing them. Go post them in France's thread too.

Edit: I made a mistake. The other link post is by Dr. Mondo and I've linked to it in my first comment in this thread.

Last edited by Alex_M; 12-22-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
I love seeing these other cheap mods, buuut... I made this thread so I wouldn't flood the forums with my own mods. OffroadFrance has a great post somewhere to link to other mods. I won't link them in my original post since they're not mine, but still feel free to post them because I love seeing them. Go post them in France's thread too.
Sorry Alex, I thought your intentions was to compile mods.
Anyway, flood the forum with mods, I love them. I will look for the other mod thread.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Joemamma1954
Sorry Alex, I thought your intentions was to compile mods.
Anyway, flood the forum with mods, I love them. I will look for the other mod thread.
No worries man, I do love to see them! I'm not trying to compete for viewership, just trying to not make a duplicate of Dr. Mondo thread.

I'm glad you do, I'll keep flooding away.

Oh, by the way! I got the 24"x50' roll of Reflectix. Unless you're planning to also make window covers (I am), don't get a roll that large. You'll have quite a bit left over if you do. You'll love the window tint too. I had 10% on my front windows and a 4" strip on the windshield and it was great. I only removed them because I had a misdemeanor moving violation hanging over my head (reckless driving in a parking lot. Donuts in the snow in an empty lot.) that I was trying to get dropped, so I completely returned to legal in order to not risk another ticket until that one went away. I'll have it done back whenever I can, thought probably just to match my back windows which aren't quite as dark as the fronts were.

Last edited by Alex_M; 12-22-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Wrong name
Old 09-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Dan7
Replace t-case and e-brake boots with leather one's from redline:

Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Stitching to match my tundra interior and never flake again!
Before you order these, call up a local upholstery shop and ask them if they have any scrap black leather they could make a couple small boots with. My upholstery guy did and he did them both for $20 total.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Before you order these, call up a local upholstery shop and ask them if they have any scrap black leather they could make a couple small boots with. My upholstery guy did and he did them both for $20 total.
1st thing I did when I got my disco was make a new handbrake boot.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...her-one-69341/

Was a nice little project to kick off my ownership. Didn't know they were available to buy. Cost me $16 in bits, and a satisfying 2 hours.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Funny you mentioned the parking lot incident.
I learned how to control skid, in a snow covered parking lot. A friend in a 67 Mercury Cougar(really immaculate) wrapped it around a concrete base for parking lot light, trying to copy my antics.
good luck on getting that taken care of.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Camel Trophy

It's all taken care of now. It was a blast until I got pulled over and the cop was flying mad. It definitely helped me drive better in the snow though, so I don't regret it since all charges were dropped. Just meant that I had to drive to the letter of the law for a few months while it got sorted out.

Bummer about the cougar, those are gorgeous cars. I considered buying one at one point that was also immaculate.

Actually... I just remembered I have video of the incedent. Here is the 4 minutes of donuts, and the 16 minutes of me getting a ticket.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Wow. "Reckless driving in a parking lot." Interesting and absurd at the same time. That looked like fun!

And I just checked. Virginia has no mental state/mens rea requirement for reckless driving in a parking lot. Hahahahha how communist!

Glad you got out of it.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-09-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Camel Trophy

It was buckets of fun! The cop was pissed and said that he followed me around the parking lot 3-4 times, which you can see in the video he followed me less than one whole loop before I saw him. Talking to other people in the area, this cop is kinda known for things like this. Sure, I technically shouldn't have been doing that, but it's not like I was really endangering anyone but myself. I was suprised how well the disco drifted. I guess the 3 amigos are good for something after all.

Virginia traffic laws are pretty stupid. One more reason to move to FL or TX when I get out of school. Haha

Quick Reply: Small Modification Write Ups + Index of Mods (Alex_M)