Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TATA- TDI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TATA- TDI?

I personally do not want a bailout for the automakers. I feel if you give these companies money, then other big companies will be knocking on the governments door very soon to help them too.
But what I don't want to see happening is those people lose their jobs. Towns were built around these companies. you get rid of the factories, the towns will collapse.

What I can't stand is those people who complain about these companies having and using jets to fly their executives around. With the state the airline industry is in now, I have no problem with a ceo flying a private jet to that meeting in d.c. instead of being delayed on the tarmac for hours. I do respect GM for selling one of their jets, though, I'm not sure how many they had to begin with(lets hope it wasn't the G5)

What will be interestingis what happens to NASCAR this coming year. If and when the "big three" go under, nascar is gonna be in a world of hurt, seeing as 3 of the 4(the fourth being toyota) vehicle manufacturers would be non existant. I don't think honda would come into NASCAR. they have their sites set on a much more lucrative and world known type of racing called F1.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Three Wheeling

Actually, Honda just pulled out of F1.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: redbaron586

What will be interestingis what happens to NASCAR this coming year. If and when the "big three" go under, nascar is gonna be in a world of hurt, seeing as 3 of the 4(the fourth being toyota) vehicle manufacturers would be non existant. I don't think honda would come into NASCAR. they have their sites set on a much more lucrative and world known type of racing called F1.
I can hear it now...
"And here comes Jeff Gordon in the Dupont BMW! He wins! He Wins!"
Can you imagine the all american sport running all european manufacturers?? I could just happen.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

GM is selling all5 of their jets.
$28 per hour is what they get paid at GM to put a car together. Plus benifits, it is equal to $70 per hour.
The UAW has priced themselves out of a job.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling

I would Like to See a TDI offering in the States. But I would Also like to See landRover Develope there Own Motors. In a Few Years we might Just end Up driving a tata with a merc Engine and A landRover Emblime. Kind of takes away from What land Rover is.

Pretty soon we will just Pick a Body style at the dealers and pay for the Emblime we want on the Vehicle.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: polar

I would Like to See a TDI offering in the States. But I would Also like to See landRover Develope there Own Motors. In a Few Years we might Just end Up driving a tata with a merc Engine and A landRover Emblime. Kind of takes away from What land Rover is.

Pretty soon we will just Pick a Body style at the dealers and pay for the Emblime we want on the Vehicle.
All the more reason to love the Rovers we already have. I do plan to buy another vehicle in the next few years. Hopefully I can get an old Defender imported or pick up an 04 Disco II. They don't make them like the used to...

Cheers,

Pete

Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If TATA can do for the LandRover what they already do with their own 4Wds the next generation of LR's will be impressive.

Here is a thread with some info on the SUMO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...eel-drive.html

Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: DeepBlueWater

If TATA can do for the LandRover what they already do with their own 4Wds the next generation of LR's will be impressive.

Here is a thread with some info on the SUMO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...eel-drive.html

Now that is AN Impresive Looking vehicle.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
mh
Drifting

Seeing how this thread has gone in two directions, I'll start off saying s are needed, they do good for the members, and are even more relevant than ever. If you adjusted the pay for inflation,if there was still a workermaking ford carswho started in the early 1900s when he was told he could make $5 a day, hiscurrent pay, under the current contract, would be $5.05 a day. One whole damn nickle for almost100 years! that is progress!s were needed and are needed.

I will agree, though, the rank and file do need to realise that everybody is in the same boat, and the harder they work, the better off the company will be. Is that always the case? No, but then again, he(or she) only builds the cars, they do not design, market, or sell the car.

Some s do have criminal leadership, but I alsosay there are more criminals on wall street than on main street...

Then back to the other direction. A basic TDI would rock! The green 4xin the picture looks awesome, kind ofalovechild of a unimog and disco having a one-night stand.
Diesels are great engines, andif TATA could put a reliable, solid diesel into the disco, and do solid job of it, that would be great. However, I dohave to say, I hope TATA does not go the way BAJAdid onits early scooters. The castings wererough,and the quality even worse than anythingyou could imagine (yeah, yeah, quality scooter jokes go here...) but BAJAJ craftmanshipwasbad. So long as TATA does not try to make it basic by using basic manufacturin in India, I would be happy.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IFS...too weak

Quick Reply: TATA- TDI?