Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Cooling line connection at bottom of transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Transmission Cooling line connection at bottom of transmission

So got a puncture in the rubber hose for the transmission cooling line. Picked up a used one and for some reason having issues getting the connection at the transmission to secure. This is the one that connects at the bottom so the one that is easy to access. Should be simple I would think and other one was easy to remove. Rubber o-ring is there (have a new one) but seems as if either I have a bad angle going into hole in transmission or something else as I cant get it far enough up into the transmission to get any threads on the fitting to take. Also seems the fitting is off angle as I can see more of the threads towards the front of the car then the back. I have tried pushing on the line fairly hard towards front of car but maybe I am just missing something. Pretty sure I have it routed since there are not many options and just followed how the old one was installed. Was going to try the old one sometime today to see if maybe something off on the newer one I got as well. Doing some research it sounds like I might have been able to repair the old one as well so if it fits I may go that route just not sure exactly what I need to do

I guess looking for an advice...Thanks

Old 12-23-2015, 11:44 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just to follow up in case anyone comes across this. I actually found that the used part i order had a lip on the outside end. Once I filed it down it slipped in pretty easy and was able to tighten up

Old 12-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Thanks for the follow up. I had no real advice except try again, so I thought it better I didn't comment at all.