Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced my front drive shaft with one from Dynamic Drive Line (lr2001silver's friend). $295 shipped, arrived balanced and greased. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Went to a semi-local off road park with my best friend riding shotgun, and acting as spotter when needed. Best $5 ever spent! There is nothing like being able to take on all but the most difficult runs, with a nearly bone-stock Disco (CDL addition) running summer street tires. We only got stuck once, at the end when we tried a mud pit that had tire ruts deep enough that I buried both differentials. Luckily, there was a tree a bit off, and with the help of two come-a longs, a recovery strap, a tow strap, and a piece of chain we found, we were able to pull the tail sideways enough...so I could POWER!!! my way free.

*pics and videos to follow when I get them*

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did I do with my rover today??

Possibly blew the head gaskets after having them done about 9 months ago. I think the British sent us Land Rover because they are still mad we took America from them.
I'm so unhappy.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ran out of parking at a restaurant, so I parked it like a rover .

Possibly blew the head gaskets after having them done about 9 months ago. I think the British sent us Land Rover because they are still mad we took America from them.
I'm so unhappy.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully it works out for you .

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-disco.jpg  

Last edited by LRScott; 10-20-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got around to installing the GBR D2 Heavy Duty front driveshaft that I received about a week ago.

The thing is massive, and honestly put the old one to shame when put side to side...

Name:  d2driveshaft.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  69.3 KB

Next weekend will be probably be the rear one, but I work all weekend, so who knows when I'll get a chance to get around to it.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Drifting

Pulled the power steering out, for the second time in about a week. New gasket kit failed on rear plate. RE-cleaned the engine bay. Secured all the hoses, etc. & closed it up. Scratching my head as to what I need to fabricate a new gasket out of, being as the flimsy rebuild gasket held all of two days. May have cursed it a few times, but still Luv that damn Disco.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Rock Crawling

I gave my 99 a name : "Puddles" Fixed the main seal a couple of weeks ago and found engine coolant in the garage floor this morning. Back to work!

Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Had to take out my single din head unit cause I do not get any sound when using DVD/CD or Bleutooth. Turner works great. Its on going and will get back at it tomorrow. I think I figured it out but if anyone has any thoughts please PM me.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
Haven't moved mine on over week since I broke a motor mount and the fan exploded. (The fan took out the radiator, upper shroud, coolant return line, air box, and parts of the fan tried to punch up through the hood.). Then the shaft on the PAS pump decided to walk out about 4mm and shreaded the belt, so...

...in the last week I've done the following:
- Replace the radiator, fan, fan clutch, cooling return hose.
- Flushed and bled the cooling system.
- Replaced 2 motor mounts.
- Made a custom, 5-rib belt to get the truck home when it tried to slice 2 ribs off the existing belt. (All I did was trim the rest of the 2 ribs off, but I did it on the side of the road in the middle of the night!)
- Pulled and replaced the PAS pump with a brand new one.

Today,
- I'm re-bleeding the cooling system (temps just weren't stable enough for my liking before the fiasco with the PAS).
- Bleeding the PAS pump.
- Maybe (time permitting) replacing the rear drive shaft with a u-joint rear drive shaft. (I'm just tired of wasting $$$ on rotoflex couplers.)
Wow, crazy, I've heard of that happening. I replaced my fan and clutch when I bought it. I will probably do so every 50k or so.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jwfuller
Wow, crazy, I've heard of that happening. I replaced my fan and clutch when I bought it. I will probably do so every 50k or so.
Yeah, I've actually replaced the water pump a second time since that post. 1st pump wasn't generating enough flow to keep the engine cool at idle...

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?