Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

It may be your area, my friend had the worst condition 04 D2 I'd ever seen and got $7k trade in. It literally needed a quart of oil at every gas fill up, awful.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I tore up the old tile floor in our kitchen and our local land fill (really more of a mountain) takes tile and cement stuff at no charge.

So I motored up and dumped it alongside the big rigs. Such a tough road I used 2nd on my way down!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-2013-04-30-14-2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick looking rig Chris! I love the shackles, I've been meaning to add those to mine, but I can't bring myself to drill into the bumper.

MandiBBates, I was told that I could trade my D2 in for 8400 at a local Chevy dealership about 2 years ago when I was looking for a car for my wife. They thought I wanted to trade in and gave me a quote of 7900 and I told them I wasn't interested at all, and especially at that price, and the bumped it up to 8400... What I'm trying to say is that you should look around, you should be able to salvage a bit of money from your purchase, and maybe if you are lucky make a few bucks while you are at it because you purchased it at a decent price.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I have done over the past few weeks:
Replaced throttle body heater plate and gasket
Cleaned throttle body
Seafoam induction cleaning
Replaced oil separator and hoses
Changed transmission fluid and sump gasket (tried changing filter but 2/3 screws completely stripped)
Changed differential fluid and transfer case
Flushed breaks
Flushed PAS/Replace ACE
Flushed oil

To Do:
Check engine light
Coolant leak- can’t locate the leak. Looks like it is dripping (almost clear and sweet taste) by the driver’s side weep hole by transmission. Heater coil?
3 amigos
Broken nylon wheel in window regulator
Valve cover gaskets
Head gasket?
Leaking above headliner
Cruise control not working

Old 05-02-2013, 11:24 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MandiBBates
I bought a 2004 Discovery in Feb for 7500 it belonged to a dentist and he took very good care of it had all maintenance records everything that needed to be done no expense spared. I had a mustang prior and love the rover but want another mustang. I cannot get rid of this thing nobody will even consider trading. They hear land rover and run! The land rover dealership said they would give me 800-2000 cause they would sell it for 5000. In my area I got a steal on this because they Are going for 7000-10000. Have they depreciated this much in 2. Months? How can I sell this thing?
Where are you located and how many miles are on it.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Finished treating all the black stuff.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

-Installed a new coolant reservoir cap to be proactive and the piece of crap ended up being faulty causing a coolant puke. Put the old cap back on and brought the new cap to work to have it pressure tested. I ended up dropping the damned cap and it blew apart flinging the innards all over the place! - if it ain't broke don't fix it... right? I guess I'll use what's left of the cap to rig up a home made coolant pressure leak-down tester.

-Finally flipped the spare wheel carrier so I could fit my 32" spare. I put it off until I had to repair the seized rear wiper.

-Fixed the rear wiper shaft that had seized into the housing and greased the crap out of it.

-Only broke 3 trim clips when removing the rear door inner panel - I hate those things!

-Fabbed up some rear bump stops that are 1.5" lower -seemed like the right thing to do with my 2" + springs with 1" spacers and the fact that the old stops were MIA.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Finished treating all the black stuff.

Looks good but man u need sliders dude!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

While I am waiting for the tap for my idler pulley (took pulley off and now the bolt wont go thread into the bracket). I should have to tap tomorrow.

Installed:
TF MD Front Springs
TF +2 Front Shocks
TF SLS Spacers

Short term To Do (have parts):
Install 180 deg thermostat
Install +2" brake lines + flush fluid
Install TF steering damper
Install 04 CDL shifter
Transfer case fluid change

Long Term:
front & rear pads and rotors
redo headliner (not sure if I am going to paint or go with new fabric)

Old 05-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In the last month on my 2001 D2 152k (the second month of ownership), cooling system, tune up, brakes, head gaskets done just before I bought, I've done this list:

Shocks front and rear
Front right ABS sensor
Left knock sensor
Trans fluid
Tcase fluid and rtv seal
Diff fluids
Steering damper
HD front drive shaft
Sanded painted fender covers
White Shepard rear main leak seal (Worked!)
20% window tint
Ultra gauge
180 warm climate t stat
Front left Hub

Bought a god damn air tank, pneumatic wrenches, and a bloody assortment new of tools, jacks, and ramps to support this new love affair.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?