Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
I swapped out 2 of my torn rubber door seals for used ones I found on Ebay that were almost like new and a fraction of the price of new ones. The Discovery is the only car I have ever owned where the rubber seal is on the door frame and threshold area instead of just on the door and the bottom threshold section tends to get torn from stepping in and out of the vehicle. I think I paid around $40 each with shipping.

Also dropped off my spare at the tires shop to have a new tire put on that is the same as what I have on the other 4 wheels. The old tire on there was a Michelin street tire that a previous owner must have been running and was really getting cracks everywhere in the sidewall; I didn't feel it would make it for long if I had to use it on the ground. Heading to SCARR next month here in Texas so I want to have a good spare just in case.
Enjoy SCARR. I sure wish I could make it.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the new Expansion Tank installed today - Took about 15 minutes.

Got home and the OME Springs and Shocks had arrived. Looking forward to getting this all installed.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Installed a re-man PS pump. Found out it wasn't the hose. Don't care for the pump I got as it has the pulley pressed on and it's extra effort to get the mounting bolts on and not much room to tighten the pressure line. I prefer the factory original design of unbolting the pulley to get to the mounting bolts and line. At least it works. 10 mile drive and no leaks or noises.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Drove up a hill that only a few could...
Name:  0riMRjm.png
Views: 5
Size:  563.2 KB

Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Drove up a hill that only a few could...
Gotta love those Dura Tracs. Lockers help, too!

Old 02-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by SDinDS
Installed a re-man PS pump. Found out it wasn't the hose. Don't care for the pump I got as it has the pulley pressed on and it's extra effort to get the mounting bolts on and not much room to tighten the pressure line. I prefer the factory original design of unbolting the pulley to get to the mounting bolts and line. At least it works. 10 mile drive and no leaks or noises.
Good luck with that pump. I had the same one briefly. I hope you have better luck than me.https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...3231&styleid=4

Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to the shop today to install the ToddCo 2" Spacers and the OME Springs and Shocks...

Got sent shocks for a DI - Obviously they won't fit my DII...

The bolt they sent from ToddCo to put through the height sensor was the wrong damned size... Spent an hour sorting through a bolt bin to find bolts and nuts that would work.

The rear is lifted - I feel like I'm driving a jacked up muscle car...

Kind of a waste of an afternoon...

Old 02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Good luck with that pump. I had the same one briefly. I hope you have better luck than me.Power Steering Pump Rebuild - A Cautionary Tale - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum
Thanks for the link. Time will tell. Mine is the "Parts Master" (Cardone) unit.) For what it's worth, the one I pulled was the factory original. 14 years is pretty good I think. I just didn't want to drop $300+ on a new pump. I haven't had any problems with Cardone parts... but then I don't keep any car for 10 years.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Well this is a bit late as it was on Saturday. I attended the Houston Land Rover Club's Monster Garage, a semi annual club event for members who want to work on their rigs and need a third hand or some free advice on repairs and modifications. We had about 8 members show up and had 2 DIIs, a RR Sport, 3 D-90s, an LR3 and a RR Classic. Repairs ranged from some welding on a rock slider, mounting a gas tank skid plate and fixing some wiring issues on one of the D-90s. Fun day with fellow LR owners.

If you are a greater Houston LR owner and not in the club, pm me and I will give you more information.
Wish I would have known about this. Would have come out for sure. I'm newish in the Katy/H-town area. Been here about 4 months. Joined HLRC before even moving to Texas.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by SDinDS

Thanks for the link. Time will tell. Mine is the "Parts Master" (Cardone) unit.) For what it's worth, the one I pulled was the factory original. 14 years is pretty good I think. I just didn't want to drop $300+ on a new pump. I haven't had any problems with Cardone parts... but then I don't keep any car for 10 years.
Believe me, spending $300+ wasn't anything I wanted to do either. I thought I'd only be spending $27! I saw that Cardone offered a reman but nobody carried it near me and Parts Geek makes returns difficult and shipping isn't covered. As you can see in the thread, my reman with the pressed on pulley leaked, squeaked and wasn't even out of a Discovery.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?