Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:36 PM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed some new Aux. lights on the underside of my DIY roof rack flooring. They are Harbor Freight ones, but they will work well for what I need. I made a swivel and swing arm for one so I can use it as an adjustable work light. Tied them into the reverse lights as well as on a switch. Also washed her up.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, this is about a week late but I decided to replace the worn out fake leather boots or gators that go under the T-case shift lever and the hand brake. Not sure what you get if you go to the dealer or a place like Rovers North but they were quite a bit more expensive than the Ebay route which I took. The guy selling them on Ebay is down in South Texas near the border, like Brownsville or somewhere like that. I figure it's one of those border upholstery shops. Anyway, the set ran $28 with free shipping.

The ones that are stock I think are some kind of fake leather as mine were worn down to cloth and shedding bits of black stuff everywhere. I removed them and studied how they were attached to their frames. The handbrake one is a rectangular wire frame and the Tcase shifter is a square plastic frame with tabs that hold it in place. Both have an O-ring that secures the top part to the bottom of the **** or handle. The fake leather material was just glued in place around the frames. Because the new ones are real leather they are a bit thicker and it was a bit challenging to get them in place and fold the leather back on to itself around the frames. I used some Liquid Nails adhesive and several small spring clamps (the ones that are shaped like an A). For the hand brake boot I was able to get all the clamps on all 4 sides and let it cure overnight. The Liquid Nails is good because it remains flexible afterwards. For the T-case boot I had to do it in a few sessions as it was too hard to get all 4 sides folded over, glued and clamped.

I also did not try to use the o-rings at the top as the leather is just not flexible enough to fold it over on itself. I just left the small opening at the top just under the **** for the shifter and just along the lower edge of the hand brake handle. Overall the new boots look good and are much nicer than the LR OEM ones. For $28 I think I got a good deal!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:09 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts
Old 06-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I sat in it and tried to devise a way to fix the sunroof drain tubes. Both are cracked at the base.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Observed a melt down at the t junction in the radiator hose

Then got new hoses and fixed

Fooled around with ultra gauge more

Old 06-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Uwharrie Father's Day Trip

My wife, son, German Shepherd and I all made a trip down to Uwharrie for some fathers day fun today. Had a great time on the trials and my son and German Shepherd got to spend some time swimming in the lake.

The truck as always did great and got a lot of compliments from a couple of jeeps that insisted that we go first on the trails. They also wanted to make sure I had tow straps. Always amazes me how many people take a brand new, stock Jeep on these trails.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_0058.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_0077.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_0566.jpg  
Old 06-22-2015, 06:07 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today was wonderful

Greetings,

Today all fluids changed, driveshaft serviced, fixed cruise, fixed interior light not working, new air filter ( K&N ) I know how to oil properly, A good wash and a complete engine clean and a under the body clean, Seafom treatment ( Can"t find BK44 local,

A Good day,tomorrow TB clean,and check for leaks/

George

Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Three Wheeling

ordered knock sensor

passed emissions here in Colorado, even with knock sensor code - woohoo!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

If the new sensor does not fix your knock sensor code, check the cable.

The cable to the knock sensor is shielded... If it has been "field modified" and the shield is no longer intact you'll get that code.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks @Dave03S - already checked continuity on the wire between a mid-run connector i installed and the connector on the sensor. that was perfect.

Before getting crazy and going in behind the glove box and getting at the actual harness clip, i just figured it was time (after 165k) to get a new one.

Will be on my doorstep tonight and likely will resolve the one and only code remaining on my full-rebuild! woohoo!

more to come, updates provided over here: https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...d-74031/page2/

AND, my update on what i did with my disco2 today is that i DROVE IT TO WORK for the first time in a couple years!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?