Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks DiscoWest! I really love it. I think it looks awesome and it really sets mine apart from other Discos I have seen. Especially the ones in my town! Haha but I do love how it looks with those mounted on it and the four lights. I also like that it's not the usual SD style rack that lots of people have. And it's definitely really well built. She'll definitely get some service.

One caveat with having the Hi-Lift mounted on the outside is that the handle is hollow and open, so it actually makes a humming sound starting around 55 mph. It sounds exactly like when you blow over the top of an open, empty bottle. This can pretty easily be fixed with some sort of cover for the end of the handle. Otherwise I have no complaints!

And mine will fit in my garage... if I air the tires down enough

Last edited by wreckdiver1321; 01-23-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Zonk, I like those light guards. My Disco will be getting that treatment too.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
Not to interrupt the monotony of this argument, but my Disco had a big day yesterday. My BajaRack showed up and I installed it. I think it looks pretty damn good!

Nice roof rack man!
hey did you apply some kind of gloss pain to your grille? Looks shiny in contrast to the normal flat black grille. If so exactly what kind/brand did you use?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Nice roof rack man!
hey did you apply some kind of gloss pain to your grille? Looks shiny in contrast to the normal flat black grille. If so exactly what kind/brand did you use?
Thanks! I think it makes it look more overlandy. More of an expedition Land Rover look. I really like it. And I get lots of stares and compliments.

Nothing special about the grille to be honest. I had a bit of a fender bender a while back and had a local guy do the repairs. Ended up having to buy a new grille, along with misc. other bits. So it's just a new grille.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Replaced bad interstate battery with new Duralast Gold battery. Comes with a impressive warranty so I'm happy. Also added some terminal protective spray and those little red and black felt things to the terminals to help prevent corrosion down the road.

Also working on the rear propshaft. Afew weeks ago I replaced the front shaft with a aftermarket fully serviceable propshaft complete with new hardware. Propshaft Llc. Now I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear rotoflex propshaft. So far Ive replaced old rubber coupling with new one and new hardware. Stripped 2 of the nuts and bolts for the coupling so I had to order more and the old ny-lock nuts on the drum end of the shaft need to be replaced so I ordered 4 new ones. Also have a new percision u-joint on the way from rockauto.com. Before I install everything with the new hardware Im planning on getting the rear shaft balanced to ensure a healthy safe install and put an end to the vibrations.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Rock Crawling

I had a busy last few days working on stuff.

This doesn't count as work on my DII, but I did finally finish off my PSP tracks!

Name:  Tracks4Small_zps1a9c0ff3.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  97.7 KB

And I finished off my rear drawers.

Name:  DrawerSystem4Small_zps9fa89444.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  DrawerSystem5Small_zps10bcf5d5.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  57.4 KB

Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Made me some detachable glare shields out of plexiglass. Put velcro on the bottom of the lights and on the shields so I can take them off and put my covers back on. I think it'll hold up to any kind of reasonable speed for offroad nighttime driving sans Baja style stuff.

Last edited by BrandonS; 02-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BrandonS
Made me some detachable glare shields out of plexiglass. Put velcro on the bottom of the lights and on the shields so I can take them off and put my covers back on. I think it'll hold up to any kind of reasonable speed for offroad nighttime driving sans Baja style stuff.

Now that's kind of a cool solution. I like that. Very ingenious.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Its not my idea by any means, but all the ones I see seem to be permanently mounted. I didn't like the idea of not being able to put my covers back on and losing a light to a rock (does this even really happen?).

BTW How heavy did those landing strip "max trax" come out to be? Reasonable for a roof rack mount?

Last edited by BrandonS; 02-04-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BrandonS
BTW How heavy did those landing strip "max trax" come out to be? Reasonable for a roof rack mount?
Exactly 42 pounds for the set. Not bad in the least.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?