Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Haha yeah, it was cut because I'm installing the Greg Davis rear bumper, it has to be installed, welded, and then taken off to be powder coated. How much louder is it without the rear res? I was thinking about cutting it off right near the exhaust hanger. Can't wait to get rid of that stupid bumper.
I had to cut about the same for the tactical rovers bumper. The Greg Davis was my second choice...few bumpers out there offer protection all the way to the wheel well.

I didnt want to cut mine at first and deal with the added noise but i almost bent it off on the trail. When i did cut it i was surprised it wasnt that much louder, sounds good, chop it! ....i did cut mine with enough straight pipe that i could weld on a coupling and resonator back on.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Looks like the cutoff wheel gets some more use thanks!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator Ritt
Well after getting back to Germany (home is where the Army sends you) last week from 11 months in Afghanistan, I haven't done anything to or with my Disco since October when I was on mid tour leave. But today I did pick up my new Cooper Discover AT3s! I'm recovering from a minor surgery and have family coming to visit tomorrow for a couple of weeks so they will just sit in the garage and make me wish I could get to the shop to mount them, but they are at least here. I went with the 265/60/18 so the next thing might have to be shocks and springs. We'll have to see.
I love my AT/3's! My dream (until the Minister of Finance gets out the "Approved" rubber stamp) set-up is a 2 inch lift on my '01, some 7 inch wheels, and 235/85/16s!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

And I forgot: Thank you for your service to our country.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Added paint protection at Huffs Automotive

Added paint protection at Huffs Automotive.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Began the 90k service, relocated the windshield washer bottle, and installed a Columbia Overland dual battery tray! Things are coming together...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image-7.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-image-4.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by willrok13
Began the 90k service, relocated the windshield washer bottle, and installed a Columbia Overland dual battery tray! Things are coming together...
I hate to be a bother, but can you give me tons of info on your washer bottle setup!?!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I hate to be a bother, but can you give me tons of info on your washer bottle setup!?!
Check these...

https://landroverforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=385170#post385170

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00495UQT2/ref=pd_aw_sbs_misc_1?pi=SS115

I'm going in for surgery in the morning and recovery will probably take a couple of days. After that, I was planning on making a write-up covering the install (wiring and so on). But those two links should provide a good bit of info in the meantime.

P.S.-- that washer bottle kit is probably small enough to fit in the space where the jack is located if you don't want to buy the dual tray. May require a bit of trimming on the stock battery box but is do-able...

Last edited by willrok13; 03-14-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickAdams
And I forgot: Thank you for your service to our country.
I love what I do, but the support is appreciated.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stopped by my local shop to see how my head gasket/general engine check up and rebuilt was going. They got the new rear driveshaft in that eliminates the flex coupling. The engine is almost back up together, we are just waiting for some of the ARP Head Studs to arrive before they can get it all together.

They also reprogrammed the SLABS ecu to eliminate the computer thinking its a SLS vehicle. They also changed the reverse sensors to not alarm while backing up due to the spare tire by changing the angle of the cameras.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?