Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Rock sliders

New rock sliders. Can stop worrying about bashed rocket panels.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Winching
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRoadie

I got this mount on Amazon for $20.
What mount is that?

Old 06-09-2017, 12:36 AM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 06-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Got some before and after work pics.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_1321.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-imag2229.jpg  

Last edited by MrValingo; 06-09-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default rear camp conversion

Here are a few pics of the rear Camp Conversion project.

I needed to make a place I can work on comps or do vinyl plotting for sign work so I can make money on the road. this is the first part I finished doing this far yesterday. I haven't decided whether to keep it natural wood look or paint it or skin it with the aluminum paneling we use at the sign shop.

right ssside work table and storage drawers. I made each section modular so I added them one by one as I went along in the construction. im using my plastic and metal food pans left over from the coffee shop and restaurant days.. should I just bungie them in place or put a hasp from top to bottom to hold pans in or. make doors for them... hmmmm/

its looking better now that i vacumed all the dust and sawdust from inside the vehicle. i need to mount my secondary batterr and inverter back here as well.

my bech / bed . i like the ammo box look. dont know if i will cover it or paint it grey and put mubers and stuff on them to make look military.. next part is to make a fold up panel that i can fold up to make a full bed across the isle. for the dogs to lie on while traveling.. th bed will fold up. and then i will make support boards that will swing out from bench to go under the portion that will swing up.. still deciding how to do this.

more to come. this is a big project because I plan on living in the rover and traveling across the USA. so I have to plan and think Hard of weight and minimize clutter

Old 06-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I think I fixed my evap system large leak fault yesterday. I'll have to drive it a little more to know for sure but so far I have 3 different drives and the light hasn't come back yet. I think it was a combo of 2 problems, purge valve went bad and the valve for what I think is the charcoal canister on the passenger side by the cruise control motor had come unplugged. I had to faults, vapor system large leak, and vapor system circuit open.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gasket Overhaul

Replaced:
Timing Cover Gasket
Valve Cover Gaskets
Head Gaskets
Manifold Gaskets
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
Thermostat
Trans Pan Gasket
Trans Filter
Oil Pan Gasket
Oil Filter
Full Fluid Flush (ATF, Oil, Coolant, Power Steering, etc)
Nest up.. Emissions Testing

Old 06-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRoadie

I got this mount on Amazon for $20.
I saw that on your previous post and it looks great. Not saying I'm criminal minded but... I'd worry someone sees the mount and smash the windows thinking I have a smart phone/tablet stashed in my truck.
With my foldable iPad cover I can take it with me.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by xisled
Yo!!!!!! As a I am a DJ, I had some crazy ideas about this picture. I'd bore out the top and foam line it for vibration dampening to mount 2 turntables or 2 CDJs and one DJ mixer. Below it add to one side 19" studio quality rack mounts for amps, crossovers and to the other side a high wattage speaker or mini-fridge for beer.

I'm drinking already so I've started my weekend early

Old 06-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Put a new front propshaft in from dynamic drivelines. Snagged it up and got it in 2 days. Pressure washed the panty dropper from underneath to help find and leaks and none found....knock on wood. Also took the roof rails off and took them to get powdercoated and waiting on my buddy to get his set up going then I'm gonna have him black chrome all 4 door handles and the rear hatch handle/ license plate light.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?