Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

This last week I did a budget lift. Currently the numbers are, front 36 5/8" and the rear is 35" measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare with the larger tires in my sig. For the front I used stock D2 purple stripe rear springs and for the back I did D1 lower spring perches with an extra spring pad on the rear perch. It's about 95% how I wanted it, I'd like to get the rear just a little higher but I like the more level look vs. the stock look with a lot of rake to the front. It drives nice other than getting the rear a little higher I'm happy with the results. This isn't the best way for doing a lift but this whole project cost me less than one pair of OME springs.

Now for pictures.

1/2 tank of gas and about 45 pounds of my work tools in the back.

Rear spring vs. stock front spring.

D2 vs D1 rear spring seat.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xisled
dammed I love modding this car. I've modded a few cars to my liking but to get ready for overlanding and traveling this is so much fun. hope you all are liking it.
I've really enjoyed the pictures and play-by-play. And I don't even own a rover anymore!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Pulled the power steering pump out again...attempted this Friday night but it started leaking again...cleaned and resealed it again. Let the rtv set for an hour this time then reinstalled. Yay no more leaks. And quieter than it's been since I got it

Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talked sweet to it and got it to run long enough to get codes out of it. Cam sensor, low maf input, ignition misfire, evap leak. I need a parts blow-up or engine bay diagram. It would save me a lot of time.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

So I moved to Pacific Beach, San Diego at the beginning of the month and...

Jeeps. Jeeps, everywhere....

No rovers in sight I've only seen a few range rover sports.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today I tinkered on it, I found 3 loose dangly plug wires not but barely on their plugs at all, checked and gapped the plugs and had a bash at cleaning the MAF sensor (this may have been my downfall). Started it 3 times in rapid succession, as it would not stay running but would start right back up. Got it to stay running, hooked up my code reader to see if I had cleared any codes. It said I did but now there was different ones in their place. wrote them down, unhooked reader, tinkered a bit more (looked for EVAP leak). tried code reader again, got yet another set of codes. Color me puzzled. Cleared the codes. Service engine light was off. With it running and in park, Crawled under it, looked around (not really doing anything) got up, tried code reader again. Saw engine light back on, and now fewer codes- P1884, P0447, and P0102. These 3 were in each of my lists so they may be true problems. Then had the brilliant idea to go for a short spin. The trucks idea of short was almost exactly half of what mine was. It died in front of my buddy's house- in the road- and now still will not start. The motor is spinning, but fast, like no plugs are in it, and the flashers start the second the key moves to run (I have been unhooking battery each time this happens). I did not hear any calamitous noises, it simply stopped running. Cranking does not make any "bad" noises either, its just fast and unproductive.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Today I ditched the stock plastic bumper cover and installed some square LED driving lights. The LED bar is disconnected for now since it was hooked to the factor fog light wires which now power the square LED lights. I got a factory aux light switch from the junk yard with the body side pig tail I'll be using with a PIAA wire harness to power the LED bar. Hoping to get that done the first or second week of July so it's usable on my week long work camping trip the 3rd week of July. I was going to tap into the high beam wire but I prefer being able to run my aux lights independent of having the headlights on.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

New Headliner install! It looks fabulous! There are contours that I never noticed before.. kind of like my body haha..

Old 06-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
New Headliner install! It looks fabulous! There are contours that I never noticed before.. kind of like my body haha..
TMI

Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Twix
TMI
Oh we're all friends here, aren't we? hahahaha.. thought someone would appreciate that one!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?