Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I used the winch and a chainsaw to remove some dying tree limbs over my house. Cut a little here, push "in" button, yell timber.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

LuckyJayB

Contact Jeg's or Summit for extended lines. I prefer Jegs since they're considered local to me lol

You should look to target +150MM (6inch) extended length to cover anything crazy you might want to accomplish.

That's what I run. (In a bind, you can use +50mm extended front's in the rear lol found that out by accident)

But I now have a set of +50mm extended BritPart rears if anyone needs them

Old 07-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by zoltan7
LuckyJayB

Contact Jeg's or Summit for extended lines. I prefer Jegs since they're considered local to me lol

You should look to target +150MM (6inch) extended length to cover anything crazy you might want to accomplish.

That's what I run. (In a bind, you can use +50mm extended front's in the rear lol found that out by accident)

But I now have a set of +50mm extended BritPart rears if anyone needs them
mill have to do that. I plan on doing a 2 or 3 inch lift and nothing more. I'm getting everything running proper before I get that done. Gonna go with Rte springs and debating on blistein remote resivoir shocks or fox racing shocks

Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
mill have to do that. I plan on doing a 2 or 3 inch lift and nothing more. I'm getting everything running proper before I get that done. Gonna go with Rte springs and debating on blistein remote resivoir shocks or fox racing shocks
my only drawback is I'm converting my rear back to air ride since my wife and some like to play too and I do tow for tailgating

Old 07-11-2017, 07:46 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today is getting it insured, registered and tagged. But yesterday, I did fluids, cleaned it, tire pressure (spare was totally flat), checked the plugs, got some tie down straps for the rack (came with a safari rack)...

I just bought a 2003 Discovery II. It's in real good shape. No exhaust leaks. Has Christmas lights on the dash. Interior is in great condition. I got a great deal, that's for sure. I just need to now get it to running optimally instead of "just running". Previous owner replaced the motor las t summer after she bought it. I have no clue how many miles are on it. Odometer flashes, she said she realized when she got the car fax, someone had tampered with the odometer.

Howerever, I love it and it's my first Land Rover. Glad to find this forum.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:46 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Oil change and steering replace

Oil change all discos today and replaced a beatup steering wheel.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Does the magnet on the filter really help?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:26 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Does the magnet on the filter really help?
I think so. But I have no definite proof that it works. But its a very strong magnet and you wont be able to get it out from the filter easily. I only assume based on the principle how it was designed, to catch metal filings and trap them within the filter before it make more damage. I had the same magnet for 13 years. I had a compression test one time on the same 13 year old disco when it started to tick. The compression is still high along all cylinders after the HG job i did few month ago. The test was made by an LR shop near by and I paid 175 for that. He mentioned that the original engine still strong. I even asked if he can give me an estimated lifetime of the engine. I asked if it can still run for another 30-40k miles, he mentioned that, if I do the regular maintenance, it can still go way beyond 100k miles. Well, that was based on his opinion and experience and I respect those opinions who know these trucks more than me. I was thinking that there must be very minimal grinding or sanding within the engine when those metal particles get trapped in the filter. Cheers!

Old 07-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

But I have no definite proof that it works.
You could purchase a circular filter cutter, check and let us know.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Terrafirma rock sliders installed. I was so happy that all the bolt holes lined up... definitely a first for Terrafirma. They were out of stock on lrdirect.com for about 6 weeks, so maybe when they went back into production they fixed some QA issues?

Also routed a trailer cable to the roof, and a common ground bus bar. The idea is that instead of drilling new holes and grommets for every accessory I add, I already have some wires ready to go. For now I just have rack mounted flood lights operated by the rear fog switch, reverse gear, and/or a switch in the back.

I also wired up 5 cruise control switches into the dash instrument bezel. Common ground, common dash light, common power, and 5 switched leads coming out ready to go. Next I will be making a relay panel to mount into the engine bay. I picked up a small paint brush and white enamel paint that I'll use to label them

And a work in progress, Viair dual 400C 2 gallon onboard air system.

Last edited by Jeff Blake; 07-12-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?