Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Mudding
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Detailng today

beautiful disco

The following users liked this post:
LR03NJ (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 08:40 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by huggi
beautiful disco
Thanks. It will now undergo hibernation for few years. My daughter who just got into high school called dibs. She told me that she wanted to drive it by the time she get her license. Cant say no, she graduated valedictorian last year. One of the best thing I could give her. She loves it. It just passed DMV for another 2 years of inspection. All electronics working, quiet smooth ride, A/C front and back works, and sound system fully operational. Very strong quiet engine. Fluids all new. I never thought I could tune this truck really well with the help of people from this forum. Just waiting for the Hummer car cover and hoping it will cover the entire Disco with the roof rack.
Cheers!

Old 09-22-2017, 03:18 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

More goodness for this weekend's task. Gonna be a long, busy day tomorrow. Still waiting for Brown Santa to deliver the CV's.

Last edited by MacRoadie; 09-22-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Good looking posts above!

I removed the short mini-snorkel between the airbox and driver-fender today. I've been trying trying multiple setups and this mod gives me the least-bad gas mileage...just a hole under the air filter box side now.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Expansion Tank

Replaced new tank with old tank. Apparently the cheap tank on EBay is a weak copy 😂. Thought $64.00 was a fantastic price and the quality looked good. It lasted ~ 2 months or 3k miles.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The black plastic "bracket" above the left headlight broke in a few places and there don't seem to be any for 2003's updated headlights on eBay, so I hammered some thin metal into the correct shape.

Ta da! Lights line up and don't wobble while driving.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me share my Nightmare.
I bought a rough 1999 land rover discovery 2 Good engine not very well taken care of.
I started repairing it caring for it like the previous owner did not. Oil changes radiator flush's new head lights new window motors breaks bled full tune up. She was running like a champ. Forgot to check the transmission fluid. The service history says it had not been changed in 17 years. So she died right there in middle of 70 Terre Huate Indiana. I was in a pickle needed my car fixed so i called around. found a used transmission low miles for 400 dollars. Neat ordered that bad boy that night. Was going to have a shop to the swap. Well my grand mother knowing my troubles literally begs me to let her adopted daughters boy friend do the work because hes out of work and a "Trained Mechanic" Simple enough to do a tranny swap gave him a shot... **** that was a mistake. Agreed to pay him 600 for the work and a bonus of 200 when it was finished. This kid had his own garage and such felt good at first. He dragged his feet bull****ted me and grandmother for 6 months promising it would be done soon. that's when he and her started disappearing to Chicago for "Parts" twice a week borrowing grandma's car and running out her gas making me fill her car back up. Finally after 7 months he just started avoiding me ignoring my phone calls he lied non stop to my grandmother. I had enough I went looking for him to get my car back. He has not been seen to this day. I called the police wanting my car back from him. finally get a text after i sent the local police after him. "Your ****s in the back transmission is stuck under neath it get it out of my garage your parts in back of truck." I found my poor rover scratched up full of beer bottles my middle console destroyed the gear shift trashed and countless wires cut. he dropped my mother****ing transfer case when pulling the transmission had to buy a new one... I towed it out to AAMCO they started doing the actual work i needed done. A 800 dollar job has now turned into 2230 in parts,and labor. kid wrecked my baby. Now I'm in the long road to recovery for my discovery. Looking at needing to replace my gear shift and stick. Im still paying off the work that was done. only 340 left on my bill i get her back. its been a pain no really waiting for this to come home. I really love my disco more then i should but dammit she's mine and love her. I went out to see the work being doing done today new o2 sensors.

Last edited by Thatguy63; 09-24-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Your grand mom will love the pictures you show her of that destruction!

Old 09-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

New Walker O2 sensors

Old 09-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Took Emma out to Waiparous offroad park. She did excellent, even with the winter rubber. I need new tires in a bad way lol

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?