Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy

Adding a switch plate for inside front winch, "someday" rear winch controls and driving lights (empty spot). Ran wires, lights hooked up, besides needing switch, and need a couple different terminals for winch module connections.

Brian.
Looks great .I've been trying to decide where to put mine. In the future I plan on installing a double-digit radio so I would have to take up that free spot when I move everything down, is my understanding .I don't have the sunroofs so thought about putting a plate up there with 3 or 4 switches.

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Couple weeks ago i had the air lines going to the bags freeze up...and the passenger side bag had a pinhole in it. Had to drive an hour and a half home on the bumpstops. Warmed up and worked fine but the passenger side bag was leaking worse... so i pulled it out and put tire slime in it. Next two hours went great, no leaks. Then it exploded in my parking ramp. Got a new arnott bag and put it in. Two weeks later came part at the top band

Old 02-25-2018, 05:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Now i currently have the spare d1 springs just thrown in till two new bags arrive

Old 02-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Mudding
Received 160 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gueman
Bought my first Disco 2. I was looking for a "beater" and found this, 2000 for $2500 and 106k on the ODO. It even came with the original wheels and "summer" tires. Sure it is not perfect, need to replace the windshield cowl, passenger door window regulator and headlight washer nozzles. And I am sure I will Discovery a few more. Not looking to make it a show car, just a local runner.
Didn't anybody warn you about Disco's?!?! Welcome to the adventure!

Old 02-25-2018, 06:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

[QUOTE=Sixpack577;638357]How does it drive and steer now?
Notice any difference?[/QUOTE
i can go lock to lock with the steering now which is awesome in parking lots. I had to trim some more of the front bumper and a little plastic from the rear wheel well for clearance. Seems a little more relaxed while going down the road. Not really sure why. Steering feels good but I’m thinking of correcting the caster somehow to make it perfect.
Perhaps the wider track makes it more stable which gives it the relaxed feeling.
I don’t think I like the look as much as without the spacers but the reduced turning radius is worth it

Old 02-25-2018, 08:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 891 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by gueman
Bought my first Disco 2. I was looking for a "beater" and found this, 2000 for $2500 and 106k on the ODO. It even came with the original wheels and "summer" tires. Sure it is not perfect, need to replace the windshield cowl, passenger door window regulator and headlight washer nozzles. And I am sure I will Discovery a few more. Not looking to make it a show car, just a local runner.
Welcome to the forum. It looks better than a beater to me!

Old 02-25-2018, 10:12 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed the front and rear differential oil with some higher viscosity Red Line 75w140. Oil coming out looked pretty clean but had a good amount of metallic particles on the drain plug magnets. And of course, changed the plastic fill plugs to brass ones.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

I changed the throttle body heater after supper. As soon as the kids go to bed I’m going to check adjust the throttle cables

Old 02-28-2018, 11:19 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Turn down for watts

Finally replaced my watts link. I went with the pre-loaded Britpart version. It’s been kicking around my garage for nearly a year while my *** end clunked over every bump. I was dreading the job a bit. The addition of two children to my life has definitely taken its toll on my wrenching time! All that procrastination and it only took me a little over an hour from start to finish. Glad that nothing went sideways for once.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 261 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by G150driver
Finally replaced my watts link. I went with the pre-loaded Britpart version. It’s been kicking around my garage for nearly a year while my *** end clunked over every bump. I was dreading the job a bit. The addition of two children to my life has definitely taken its toll on my wrenching time! All that procrastination and it only took me a little over an hour from start to finish. Glad that nothing went sideways for once.
This gives me hope. I've been needing to do the same and I'm dreading laying in the gravel drive to do it.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?