Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Nice video Street, are you locked?
Yes I am.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the new tires on today, 255 85 Km2s. Definitely grippy!
Looking good Zack!

That truck is coming along very nicely. I like the Greg Davis.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a very small coolant leak since I swapped in the 180 t-stat a month ago, so yesterday I put a pressure tester on the system. Found two small leaks: one at an upper t-stat outlet and the other at the tiny plastic pipe on the top of the radiator. Replacing the OE clamps with worm-drive clamps stopped both.

Then I see a tiny drip coming from below the throttle body. Yep, it's the heater plate. Guess I'll be ordering a gasket kit from Atlantic-British today.

Also cleaned the MAF with the recommended CRC cleaner. Last week I replaced the upstream O2 sensors, so figured it was a good time to do the MAF. I let it dry for a good hour, re-installed and no codes when I started the truck.

I then greased the rear drive shaft, set all four tires at 36 PSI and gave it a quick wash.

Took it for a short drive and I swear it is running smoother, though that's probably all in my head.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks Tommy! Looking forward to the Terrafirma fuel tank guard now as it's pretty revealed right there.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Drifting

That's a damn nice rig

Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Drifting
Thumbs up '04 dii

Installed new power steering pump (smooth & quiet) replaced front badge & wipers. Installed rear ladder. It was a good day

Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Finished up some changes to the wiring. I got sick of running wires all over the place to charge up electronics for the kids so I cut the wiring to the factory lighter and direct wired the GPS to a socket behind the dash, running the lead through the vent above the head unit. I then wired the factory lighter direct to the battery and added one at the back of the center console. Now I can charge things when the car isn't running and DVD's won't shut off when I stop for gas.

Next I changed up the winch wiring. The factory wiring that came with my winch was 25 sq. mm, which is just a little bigger than a #4. Pretty thin for 400 amps. I picked up some #2 SGX battery cable and lugs and replaced the cables. I also moved the solenoid close to the battery so that my constantly powered lead is very short and has nothing to short against. In the process I also wired in an HF remote ($25 - worth a shot) and added a switch on the dash to supply power to the controls. Keeps the winch from running if the remote gets triggered by something else. I also made up a new holder for the corded remote socket so I have options. The wireless remote works awesome by the way.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-rear-power-port.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-solenoid.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-remote.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-winch-switch.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-cord-socket-1.jpg  

Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks great! Disconnect that rear sway.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks guys! Coors- completely, or just a quick disconnect setup?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the past week I've replaced the throttle body heater, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the air filter box and replaced the air filter, installed the soft-spring thermostat, drained and filled the coolant, had the driveshaft rebuilt and installed it, removed and cleaned the blower motor, fixed a vacuum leak, removed the center console to free up the transfer case selector lever, and hit myself in the face with a screwdriver. All in all, a pretty productive few days.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?