Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Attachment 18812Wheeled out in hopes of harvesting a thanksgiving hog... And got stuck. Freezing rain made for record recovery time......and we shall have ham
lol

Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock

Changed out my passenger side door lock actuator last night. The directions in the sticky on the main page helped a lot. I stripped the bolt in the door jam that releases the top portion of the window channel on that side.

I don't recommend this, but with the other side of the window channel loose I was able to bend it a little and manipulate the actuator into place without breaking anything. Works great now, but I was a little worried that I was going to break it.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kwarren76
Changed out my passenger side door lock actuator last night. The directions in the sticky on the main page helped a lot. I stripped the bolt in the door jam that releases the top portion of the window channel on that side.

I don't recommend this, but with the other side of the window channel loose I was able to bend it a little and manipulate the actuator into place without breaking anything. Works great now, but I was a little worried that I was going to break it.
Ya installed one in the rear passenger side door... I had to whack it with a hammer pretty good to get it in, and I was afraid it wouldn't work after all that time getting it in... but it has been working great for the last year and a half so fingers crossed it will keep on working!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Completed the 3rd oil and filter change on the new Great Plains Rovers Rebuilt motor I put in recently (i now have about 4500 miles on the new motor and it is running well...

I still have an exhaust leak that I have yet to locate...

I also did a fluid change on the front, center and rear differentials with fully synthetic 75W/140.

Significantly quieter gear whine...

Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Mudding

I traded it in on a Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35s. Did the head gaskets on the Disco last winter and it had been fine until the temps started dropping recently. Heard gurgling behind the dash so I did a block test at work. It failed. I guess my block was cracked. Oh well. I may buy another disco but probably not. Honestly, it's just too much work, and that's coming from an auto tech. I'll probably buy a Jeep or Tacoma as a trail rig. Anyway, good luck to you all with your Rovers. It's been... well, it has been.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Drifting
Default Stupid throttle body heater gasket!!!!!

Bypassed the coolant circuit to the throttle body. It blew out last night at 10pm and it was 18 degrees out. I thought it was something bad because I didn't think that much coolant could come out of there. Its good until I get the parts to fix it.

Added more parts to the long list...

Changing/flushing ALLLLLLL liquids very soon. oils, coolant, brake fluids, diffs, tranny. Going to be fun =)

Old 11-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Drifting

Any suggestions or favorites for the liquids in the post above??? Also if you could let me know why... Thanks

PS, I am a new guy... So if this is the wrong place to ask a question like that please let me know...

Old 11-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by 909wheeler
I traded it in on a Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35s. Did the head gaskets on the Disco last winter and it had been fine until the temps started dropping recently. Heard gurgling behind the dash so I did a block test at work. It failed. I guess my block was cracked. Oh well. I may buy another disco but probably not. Honestly, it's just too much work, and that's coming from an auto tech. I'll probably buy a Jeep or Tacoma as a trail rig. Anyway, good luck to you all with your Rovers. It's been... well, it has been.
Sorry about your truck. Before you go, any chance you can tell me what oil is supposed to go in 2013 odyssey . It's some syn blend , stealership charges +$90 for an oil change.
Good luck with the tahoe

Old 11-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

I rescued a group of chevys . 2 z71 1/2 tons and the 4x4 suburban that they got stuck helping .
Hillbilly hunters gave me $20 a pop. I gave them $20 back and told them to get a car wash.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  
Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

No trees where harmed

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?