Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, I forgot. I also finally put on my memento from Australia, a small plate to go on the rear bumper. Goes with all the other stickers and crap I have all over the car!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-1.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

This past weekend I installed an 04 CDL shifter. The light on the dash doesn't light up when I lock the CDL. From searching it appears that i have a stuck switch. I will add that to the to do list.

Today I changed my transfer case fluid. Last week I cleaned the underside of the motor, tranny & transfer case. Thats when I discovered I had a transfer case leak. When I pulled the plug today, I would estimate about 1 quart came out. I am glad I didn't wait... It could have been dropping the transfer case.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Installed 4 (why didn't they put 6 or 8?!) new O2 sensors and greased my front prop shaft.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not today, but last weekend I replaced the:
Radiator/hoses
Water pump and gasket
Timing cover gasket
Timing chain
Camshaft/crankshaft pulleys
Oil pump gasket
Oil pump pickup o-ring
Changed the oil/coolant
Lubed the front drive shaft
Put on new tires

....and now the transfer case seems to have blown a seal and is leaking when I drive fast.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

What kind of tires?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Firestone Transforce AT tires

Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove my D2 to go look at another 04 D2 with a friend. We are going back tomorrow to take it for a spin, as the owner called us at the last minute and said he was not gonna make it to meet up today, but we asked if we could still look it over on the outside since we were maybe a mile away.

My friend is SERIOUSLY considering buying this, and here is the best part: He has no intention of offroading it at all, and has promised me the CDL for free, as long as I do the work (or pay) to get his CDL swapped out, and mine swapped back into his. Pretty cool deal if you ask me.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
Drove my D2 to go look at another 04 D2 with a friend. We are going back tomorrow to take it for a spin, as the owner called us at the last minute and said he was not gonna make it to meet up today, but we asked if we could still look it over on the outside since we were maybe a mile away.

My friend is SERIOUSLY considering buying this, and here is the best part: He has no intention of offroading it at all, and has promised me the CDL for free, as long as I do the work (or pay) to get his CDL swapped out, and mine swapped back into his. Pretty cool deal if you ask me.
You swapping T-cases and linkage with him?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Finally got my headliner done. I didn't like the spray paint approach as it seemed streaky and not close enough to the beige plastic on my door and windscreen columns. So I got Home Depot to match the paint in an eggshell finish which I figured would be easier to clean if necessary. I used a 4 inch mini roller and did 3 light coats and let it dry for a few days as I was busy with other things. The color match is excellent and I really like the soft sheen the eggshell finish gave it.

I also installed USB charging port up above the rear view mirror. My new Tom Tom GPS uses a cord that plugs into one of those cig. lighter USB plugs but I didn't like the wire hanging down and preferred it up above out of the way. The USB port is actually for boats and has a waterproof cap. I tied it into the wires for the dome lights.
Looks awesome. Probably going to do the headliner here soon and was also wanting to do some hardwiring as well while the headliner was out. I assume you tapped the power from the rear view mirror? I'm terrible with wiring, and always scared to make that initial cut. (doing my boost gauge on my audi was a nightmare for me).

Looks great though, where did you find that USB outlet? Link?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
The USB port is actually for boats and has a waterproof cap.
That's PERFECT, since you have the Sun Roofs, those leaks will not affect your USB plug negatively.

EDIT: OOPS! Just enlarged the photo and see you DON'T have the Sunroofs. The Waterproofing is just overkill now....

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?