Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 459 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytoman
so I removed the running boards
Are they for sale?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Discorama
Are they for sale?
I was going to keep them for my wife’s 03 but she decided she doesn’t want them, so yes they are for sale. They are not perfect, I found some rot on the passenger side. So they could be had for cheap.

Ive got all the mounting hardware except the 4 nuts/bolts that attach the 4 points to the frame as they were rusted. But its an easy fix with a trip to the hardware store.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
Can you post pics of attachment or a how to?
I basically cut out the center portion of the grill. Then used some pretty heavy screen for the new center. I cut that a few inches larger than the hole and used a board and a hammer to fold the edges over. Once I was happy with the shape I drilled holes in the remaining part of the factory grill to use zip ties to hold it together. It uses factory mounting points once installed...except the bottom passenger side since there's no headlight finisher. Oh and I used the rustoleum automotive enamel in satin black for the screen.

Test fitting

i still have to cut out the emblom and attach to the new grill

The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (05-24-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Finally installed the water pump I purchased last fall when I noticed some coolant coming from the weep hole. It took about 8k miles for the bearings to fail and really leak from when when I first noticed coolant in the weep hole

Old 05-25-2019, 02:19 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replaced the heater core.... it was a nightmare.

I'll probably clean up and vacuum out the center console while it's open. Looks like the PO spilled loose leaf tobacco everywhere.

Pray for me that there are no leaks. After much frustration I opted to split the pipes and install heater hose to make it easier.. A few drips in the beginning, but I tightened the clamps and it seemed to be fine afterward.

Temps stood at ~200 idle! Wayyy better than the 206-212 range I had before.

The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (05-26-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Headed to work today and everything was fine until I heard a funny noise while sitting at a stop light. When I went to pull off the battery light came on and the power steering felt heavy so I assumed my serpentine belt was beginning to break. Pulled over about a quarter mile down the road and noticed some steam coming from under the hood and immediately cut it off. So my water pump seized and now I’m just praying my engine is fine. It ran great until I turned it off but when I went to crank it for the tow truck it sounded awful. I’ll hopefully find out more tonight when I do a little disassembly.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

Throttle cable snapped while the wifey was driving, luckily she was able to pull over in a safe spot. Major bummer is that she is in the mountains and the fix is going to be.. a bicycle brake cable until i can get a new cable ordered

Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Received 394 Likes on 306 Posts

Waxed the disco so it stays beautiful for long time

and I waxed the roof as well

Old 05-25-2019, 10:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

I don't mean to be mean but.. that grille looks terrible

Originally Posted by MrValingo
I basically cut out the center portion of the grill. Then used some pretty heavy screen for the new center. I cut that a few inches larger than the hole and used a board and a hammer to fold the edges over. Once I was happy with the shape I drilled holes in the remaining part of the factory grill to use zip ties to hold it together. It uses factory mounting points once installed...except the bottom passenger side since there's no headlight finisher. Oh and I used the rustoleum automotive enamel in satin black for the screen.

Test fitting

i still have to cut out the emblom and attach to the new grill

Old 05-25-2019, 11:10 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile Fluid Change

Today I changed the t-case, diffs, power steering, & transmission filter . Gonna do brakes tomorrow and new brake fluid. Should be good to go for a while...

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?