Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 07:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts
Default M3

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
well. This may ruffle your feathers but oh well...BAT USED to only accept really rare vehicles. That Disco is not really rare. Also, I've seen threads where BAT turned down other vehicles that were rare.

Now that being said, earlier this year the idiots at BAT listed a 2003 M3 replica and the auction closed at 100k. ****ing ridiculous. It was a replica ffs. So clearly, BAT isn't the seller it used to be.
was that the Leguna Seca blue one? I did not follow all the comments other than it had some sordid past.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholas Paesler
Hey, all! Thought I'd check in with the Rover world to say everything is running smoothly with the 01' SE7 which now has surpassed 207K miles. I've been on the hunt for a mudflap that fell off (presumably on I-5 a while back) and when I went to the salvage yard, I found the mudflap and more. Took 2 factory cross bars from a D1 which fit on the D2, so now I have 4 cross bars up there. Ripped a mudflap off of a parts truck and now have it reinstalled on my truck.
Great find! I’d love to find some of this load bars. Anyone know of aftermarket that will work?

*EDIT* I found some on the EBay.

Last edited by Daytoman; 10-21-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Mudding
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Installed a new oem hitch, the disco never had one, also insalled 2 inch receiver to the winch bumper

The following 2 users liked this post by baileyrockhound:
Daytoman (10-23-2020), Richard Gallant (10-27-2020)
Old 10-24-2020, 11:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I got a persistent P0304 (misfire cyl. 4), took a peek into the engine bay and ignition wire to cyl 4 looked suspicious. It was banging against the SAI tube and got seperated into two pieces after I tried to re-attach it to the valve cover.

I got new wires and installed them today. It took me 4 hrs with removing the upper intake manifold (I had removed the studs in the manifold, which hold the SAI valve brackets, and replaced them with hex bolts this summer - this saves me some time, since I can leave the SAI assemblies in place on both sides).

The 2 wires close to the firewall on both side could be an inch longer. Otherwise the wires look very solid and snap in well.

Last edited by Discorama; 10-25-2020 at 12:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Discorama:
JUKE179r (10-25-2020), Richard Gallant (10-27-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Spiess
I took my headliner out yesterday to fix a leak in my sunroof and to replace the sagging material. I think I found the culprit, the passenger side front hose it is completely missing? I am definitely the first one to take this off in my rover. I don't think it was ever there at all and missed from the factory when it was built, the is definitely no hose running down inside of the pillar. No wonder it leaked, luckily this rig was in the California desert most of its life. But now that it is in Seattle I am glad I checked before the rainy winter. I have a carport I park it in on the side of my house so it has stayed dry most of the time over the past few years.

Still, I love this thing, I have had a lot of cars and trucks in my life and this is still my favorite.

​​​​​​​
Black-out looks great!

The following 2 users liked this post by wjsj69:
Richard Gallant (10-27-2020), uvodee (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Been there, done that! replaced headliner material, small hose attachment had broken off, fixed it with plastic welding earlier this year. last month torrential rain and there is leaking again, thought i had cleaned every possible spot including the downspouts bit no luck, i am not removing the headliner anymore, i bought a $15 cover for SUV models, that will have to do it from now on, the PNW ii not Land Rover friendly LOL

[QUOTE=Rich Spiess;745894]I took my headliner out yesterday to fix a leak in my sunroof and to replace the sagging material. I think I found the culprit, the passenger side front hose it is completely missing? I am definitely the first one to take this off in my rover. I don't think it was ever there at all and missed from the factory when it was built, the is definitely no hose running down inside of the pillar. No wonder it leaked, luckily this rig was in the California desert most of its life. But now that it is in Seattle I am glad I checked before the rainy winter. I have a carport I park it in on the side of my house so it has stayed dry most of the time over the past few years.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:48 PM
Mudding
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
well. This may ruffle your feathers but oh well...BAT USED to only accept really rare vehicles. That Disco is not really rare. Also, I've seen threads where BAT turned down other vehicles that were rare.

Now that being said, earlier this year the idiots at BAT listed a 2003 M3 replica and the auction closed at 100k. ****ing ridiculous. It was a replica ffs. So clearly, BAT isn't the seller it used to be.
I have been following BaT since it started in 2014. I can tell you that only recently has it become so ‘exclusive’ about selecting vehicles, including adding a premium auction site..
It used to be exactly as the name describes… Vehicles that needed a trailer to get them to the new owners.
The Disco 2 that I’m putting on BaT is running great… Looking forward to see how it does.

The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (10-29-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Found some rust flakes when replacing my drivers seat. Decided to take out the whole interior, sand and paint. Anyone know if those sound dampening panels are stock or added after? Thinking about taking down the headliner and getting that redone while I have plenty of room in there.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:25 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I bought online some bonnet/hood LED light strips to install and light up the engine bay.
I thought they would be shipped from the company in Spain but it’s actually coming from China’s ground zero... Wuhan!

The following users liked this post:
ckadventure (10-29-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 10:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

Good shot of the Disco from last weekend:

The following 3 users liked this post by boston4:
Massrover (10-30-2020), Richard Gallant (10-30-2020), SundayFunday (11-13-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?