Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 01:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by whowa004
My concern is they don't have enough siping for sloppy winter road conditions. My grabbers with big lugs but more siping struggle a little compared to an AT. I also forget my rear bumper required cutting the panel so I don't rub in the rear, the offset on steel wheels is terrible and required a ton of trimming up front and a little massaging of the rear well.
Agreed, and unfortunately we haven't really had any real snow in about 3 years, so no chance to really test that aspect out. If we make it to CO this fall/winter like we hope, with any luck I'll get to test how they do in the snow. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it'll actually snow here again.

I'd be hard pressed to move to steel wheels with how well the factory aluminum wheels hold a bead when aired down. I've never even been able to dismount a set myself, always take them to a tire shop.

Last edited by Alex_M; 01-28-2023 at 01:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DiscoID (01-29-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 02:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 818 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Agreed, and unfortunately we haven't really had any real snow in about 3 years, so no chance to really test that aspect out. If we make it to CO this fall/winter like we hope, with any luck I'll get to test how they do in the snow. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it'll actually snow here again.

I'd be hard pressed to move to steel wheels with how well the factory aluminum wheels hold a bead when aired down. I've never even been able to dismount a set myself, always take them to a tire shop.
I don't like the steelies but came with the car and allowed me to jump up to 33s when I blew out the KO2s on the alloys...Hit me up if you make it out here, trails close anywhere from late Sept to December pending snow! Would love to show you around

DiscoID (01-29-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 05:08 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshD
RIP.
I gave this to my daughter 2 months ago for her 16th birthday, She's fine other than being scared half to death. Not gonna lie, a little piece of me died when I seen it.
Ouch, sorry to see your pain.

A buddy here also let his 16 year old drive his 2004 Disco for the first time back in the fall. She started from the driveway and immediately slammed it into the garage door (instead of reversing). It made a big dent on the hood, grille, fender, bumper. I had an engineless 2003 parts car and I donated some parts to him. Poor guy.

DiscoID (01-29-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 07:21 PM
Camel Trophy

I don't like the steelies but came with the car and allowed me to jump up to 33s when I blew out the KO2s on the alloys...Hit me up if you make it out here, trails close anywhere from late Sept to December pending snow! Would love to show you around
Would love that. We made it out late September '20 for a few days, but we were under quarantine due to having Covid (and completely maintained our quarantine. 100% stayed in the vehicle and brought everything we needed). It was a great trip, loved the Rockies. Been itching to go back since. Luckily the wife and I had very mild symptoms. It was tough being away from the 2 week old baby for 2 weeks of quarantine, but at least we got a great adventure out of the deal.

The following 2 users liked this post by Alex_M:
DiscoID (01-29-2023), whowa004 (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 11:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 818 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Would love that. We made it out late September '20 for a few days, but we were under quarantine due to having Covid (and completely maintained our quarantine. 100% stayed in the vehicle and brought everything we needed). It was a great trip, loved the Rockies. Been itching to go back since. Luckily the wife and I had very mild symptoms. It was tough being away from the 2 week old baby for 2 weeks of quarantine, but at least we got a great adventure out of the deal.
The way I see it with a 3 almost 4 month now is that the roads are so bad here that come this summer when she's 8-11 months old she'll be all ready to go on mild trips haha she sleeps through all the ****ty concrete sectioned highways (terrible idea and even worse as time goes on) so what's some slow mild to medium 10 mile trails! haha. After a few years of less that normal wheeling due to house renovations (thanks to covid in a positive way) and my wife being pregnant last summer this summer is full go on our end to get back out there. White disco is really getting dialed as the perfect camping or overland rig just need to install the dog guard and build some sort of sliding platform in the trunk, move the fridge to the 40% portion of the back seat and call it done!

The following 3 users liked this post by whowa004:
Alex_M (01-29-2023), DiscoID (01-29-2023), YETIX (01-29-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 05:32 AM
Overlanding
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshD
RIP.
I gave this to my daughter 2 months ago for her 16th birthday, She's fine other than being scared half to death. Not gonna lie, a little piece of me died when I seen it.

a little off topic but what kind of fog lights are on that. I have the exact same bumper but can’t find flush mounts that fit it

Old 01-29-2023, 08:49 AM
Camel Trophy

The way I see it with a 3 almost 4 month now is that the roads are so bad here that come this summer when she's 8-11 months old she'll be all ready to go on mild trips haha she sleeps through all the ****ty concrete sectioned highways (terrible idea and even worse as time goes on) so what's some slow mild to medium 10 mile trails! haha. After a few years of less that normal wheeling due to house renovations (thanks to covid in a positive way) and my wife being pregnant last summer this summer is full go on our end to get back out there. White disco is really getting dialed as the perfect camping or overland rig just need to install the dog guard and build some sort of sliding platform in the trunk, move the fridge to the 40% portion of the back seat and call it done!
I said September '20, it was actually September '21.

No doubt! We took her out for some mild wheeling the first time at 14 months. Wasn't sure how she'd take it, but she actually loved it.

Love the sliding platform idea. I had a storage box I built for my black disco years ago, took up the entire rear with the back seats removed. Was great for camping. Now the Disco is more of the hard core wheeler, and the (soon to be) SAS Tahoe is the travel vehicle/overland wheeler. Just a bit more roomy than the Disco.

Old 01-31-2023, 02:14 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

Fixed my rear reg plate light connectors.
It’s ghetto af but it works to pass the MOT inspection.

The following 3 users liked this post by JUKE179r:
DiscoID (02-01-2023), Richard Gallant (01-31-2023), YETIX (01-31-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 04:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Mounted my fire extinguisher and fixed my blower motor transistor

The following 3 users liked this post by The_OGCJR:
DiscoID (02-07-2023), OCMike (02-05-2023), YETIX (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 05:22 PM
Mudding
Received 148 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit

Mounted my fire extinguisher and fixed my blower motor transistor
I like that spot for it.

The_OGCJR (02-04-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?