Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the heck is this noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021 | 12:35 PM
Pro Wrench

This set includes two wrenches (also a 32mm for other cars), and a holder that slips over the bolts holding the pulley to the water pump flange. It's shown in the first Amazon link I posted above.

Old 06-22-2021 | 01:21 PM
|
Mudding

Originally Posted by ahab
This set includes two wrenches (also a 32mm for other cars), and a holder that slips over the bolts holding the pulley to the water pump flange. It's shown in the first Amazon link I posted above.

well now I know next time lol so tomorrow after I install this the next thing I’m doing is changing the thermostat to 180 and replacing the throttle heater plate because it’s leaking. Any tips on this? I want to flush the coolant and change to Prestone yellow right now it is using peak auto old European pink which I cannot find anywhere in Canada other than Amazon and it’s very expensive. Unless I can mix this with another OA tea with the exact same specs which mind you I did find but it is red or orange in colour so I am a bit weary however it is the exact same components

i’m just worried about my flushing the rod skills because I don’t have a garden hose so I’m going to be using bottles of distilled water I’m worried about not being able to get all of it out so that’s why I was hoping to use a compatible coolant

Old 06-22-2021 | 01:46 PM
|
Mudding

I actually found a coolant that has the exact same description as mine the only difference is it’s orange in colour and mine is pink in colour but both of them have the exact same description word for word I will paste below

”This long service life product is based on a proprietary organic acid technology (OAT). This ethylene glycol based product is free of silicates, phosphates, borates, nitrates, nitrites and amines.“

Old 07-02-2021 | 09:06 PM
|
Mudding

Hey guys thanks for your help. I got the 2 pulleys and the tensioner replaced last week and the serpentine belt also ofcourse

when I start my car in the morning the motor squeeks for a split second. I am assuming this is because of the new belt?

maybe I got some grease on the belt or pulley and it slips on cold starts? Only happens first thing morning. Is good any other time of day

Last edited by Oshawa_D2; 07-02-2021 at 09:17 PM.