Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this leaking my oil so badly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I have this same leak (I think) and it's P/S. I pressure washed the entire area clean, added a few drops of UV dye and ran it for an hour..... it was clearly the P/S connection when I shed a U/V light onto the area with the fresh leak. I'm not sure the dye is great for the system but folks could use this to find the issue and then flush it if they're concerned. Just $.02

OP,

Are you talking about the 2 hard lines running on the drivers side of the oil pan towards the transmission? I had to bend them out of the way to remove my engine just a day ago, I'll confirm them today and reply here if those are what you're speaking about.

-Greg

Old 08-07-2019, 07:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K
I have this same leak (I think) and it's P/S. I pressure washed the entire area clean, added a few drops of UV dye and ran it for an hour..... it was clearly the P/S connection when I shed a U/V light onto the area with the fresh leak. I'm not sure the dye is great for the system but folks could use this to find the issue and then flush it if they're concerned. Just $.02

OP,

Are you talking about the 2 hard lines running on the drivers side of the oil pan towards the transmission? I had to bend them out of the way to remove my engine just a day ago, I'll confirm them today and reply here if those are what you're speaking about.

-Greg
I believe so - I hadnt followed them to the rear - they turn upward in front of the oil pan at the front of the truck and at least one connects to the block with a large 20+mm nut. Its clearly leaking aside from the obvious ps pump leak.
I've cleaned it all since the photos so I know its leaking from this hard line.

Thanks......