Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are those bolts sticking out???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are those bolts sticking out???

OK, thanks guys!! I have the 4 nuts that attached the running boards to the long nuts, so I will replace them. Just got home after a crazy day, so it will have to wait as well as the pictures... Sorry... As far as sliders ar concerned, someone please talk to my wife!

Thanks again everybody! I will post when the job is complete!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently removed the side steps from my D1 and have to agree how much of an improvement it makes. The truck went from looking like a grocery getter to looking like it's ready to go off-road, which the truck and I both are. The previous owner had smashed the bracket on the driver side so bad that I had to break the thing off with a few swift kicks. I turned the bolt for about 3 minutes before I realized it was just spinning. A couple kicks and the nut welded to the bracket popped out leaving the side step free to go to the garbage.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, I thought I would let you all know that the job is finished. I was able to take the 4 long nuts off. The driver's sidenuts werehard to remove and, not sure if it had any impact, but I turned the car around which caused the driver's side to be on the low side of my driveway. That did the trick (at least I think it helped...) as the car was now leaning over a bit and putting more weight on that side compressing the rubber bushing. It still wasn't easy, but considering they probably were on the car for 8 years, not bad! I was surprised about the condition too. The passenger side was dinged up a bit in the back, but while they were on the car that was not even really noticeable (unless you know and look for it of course). Most of that damage was on the bottom and the bracket, out of sight. Anyway, that's it...