Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is immobilizer located on 95 discovery

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010 | 01:50 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by howardw
I finally got the info in the alarm ecu on the 94-95 discovery. They don't have a spider, they have a starter kill. It's located behind the glovebox on the lower right hand side of the computer. It's a black box with an antenna wire coming out of it. It has two plugs going into it. One of the plugs has 6 wires. To disarm the ecu you cut the two black and orange wires and connect the two wires together. The black and orange wires are the first two wires on one side of the plug. After I repaired all the cut wires and replaced some bad relays the car was restored to the point where all the problems began. The kill box wasn't letting the starter engage. After splicing the two wires the motor turns over and I have lots of spark but still no fuel. The relay for the fuel pump isn't getting the ground signal from the f.i. ecu. I've cleaned all of the grounding points in the car and checked all relays and fuses. If I ground out the negative side of the relay winding I get plenty of fuel pressure to the fuel log. I also removed the fi ecu and checked all the solder points, they're fine. Spike, the car does shift out of park fine. I haven't checked to see if I have brake lights. Antichrist, Thanks for finding the location of the alarm box. I'll keep you posted.
hey howard, i followed your instructs here and all is good except i cant get no fire. do you know if theres somthing else i need to do to bypass the ecu like a ground or run 12v straight to crankshaft sensor. dont know what do do next. ive been looking for a week str8 online and nothing showing ny wire diagrams or way to bypass. thanx