Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

PHEV questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 07:34 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHEV questions

Hello, had some questions about the PHEV features on the new Disco Sport P300e. Most of my commuting is within the 20 mile range, although have some occasional long distance travel too on the Motorway (about 80 miles) one way. Hope someone can help!

1. When driving on the motorway, should the battery recharge itself? I've driven once and the battery doesn't seem to increase, unless I set to SAVE mode when it does

2. Should I really be changing from Hybrid to EV to SAVE mode manually or should the car do this for me?

3. If in SAVE mode on the motorway, does the car eat up more petrol than in Hybrid if the battery is very low

4. What's the ideal way to get most efficiency for my occasional motor way trips?

Old 10-31-2021, 03:26 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 have 5 of those cars. One is as it should be. The 4 others do not meet the minimal standards. Cars refuse to drive electric. 12 liters per 100 km is not unusual then. As i speak our lawyers are preparing the trial.

recharging while driving can be when going downhill or braking. Else not.
the car whilst driving hybrid sould change itself from hybrid to ev etc... but with the hybrid mode displayed.
in save mode there is never electric help so it consumes the most.
for best consumption drive on the gps that then handles electric or fuel driving as the terrain allows it.

Originally Posted by pancamo
Hello, had some questions about the PHEV features on the new Disco Sport P300e. Most of my commuting is within the 20 mile range, although have some occasional long distance travel too on the Motorway (about 80 miles) one way. Hope someone can help!

1. When driving on the motorway, should the battery recharge itself? I've driven once and the battery doesn't seem to increase, unless I set to SAVE mode when it does

2. Should I really be changing from Hybrid to EV to SAVE mode manually or should the car do this for me?

3. If in SAVE mode on the motorway, does the car eat up more petrol than in Hybrid if the battery is very low

4. What's the ideal way to get most efficiency for my occasional motor way trips?