Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Erikleonard
Rip out all the LR computers and custom wiring for full GM drivetrain?
Yep. No TC / ABS with that route as far as I know. There are several people on Facebook who have ditched the engine and trans and used an LS-based engine married to a 4L80 and I think one guy used a 6L80. You have to use an aftermarket digital gauge cluster to get speed / tach / temp, etc. You also have to use a programmable transmission computer. It looks like a LOT of work.

Old 01-11-2024, 01:58 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by L33DiscoII
The ECB is spliced into wires in the passenger footwell, not in the engine wiring harness you would have sent off to ACE.
Not true, it goes in the foot well. it attaches to wires from both engine harnesses. BTW my question was on the ECB wire colors I know what harness wires need attached. Just have no idea what the ECB color wires attaches to them..

Last edited by James2450; 01-11-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 02:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by James2450
Not true, it goes in the foot well. it attaches to wires from both engine harnesses. BTW my question was on the ECB wire colors. very helpful.
You said ACE removed the wire from the harness which is why I said you'd find it in the wiring in the footwell.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:50 PM
Drifting

Sorry, guess I should have been clearer The VSS wire in the rover harness ACE cut and labeled. Which happens to be Green/tan. I'm hoping it is right.

Old 01-12-2024, 11:25 AM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by James2450
It is a bit frustrating paying over 3k for a "kit" and getting no support when there is missing info. Still no reply to a owner of a kit. ACE if you check this I've e-mailed and called multiple times.
Many others before you figured it out.
All my issues, missing parts, bad instructions..etc...at the end of the day it was there, I just had to figure it out.
What is the issue... I havnt read too far back here?
Facebook group "USA land rover discovery 2 ls swap" is helpful too.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A0B1732
Update: I was able to get ahold of the original purchaser and get the instructions off the website.

I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to help me track down the ACE LS Swap instructions. I purchased an ACE kit from a guy that bought from ACE, but never used the kit. I didn't realize the instructions were on ACE's website only. I've tried creating a login for ACE's website and emailed them, but I'm not getting any response. The original purchaser of the kit isn't responsive to my request.

I've got the kit still in the original boxes but would like to see ACE's instructions. Mainly when it comes to the wiring.

Can anyone help me out? Does anyone know a better way to contact ACE rather than email them? Are they still in operation?

Thank you
Brian
I’ like a copy of the instructions as well.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:53 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace instructions

Good sir, if you would be so kind, it will be awesome if I could get the instructions as well last year, I bought my discovery 2 and I have the LS I’m going to use. Even though I don’t have the ace kit yet it will be good for me to look over until I get it if I can find one that is! I would really really really appreciate it!

Old 01-16-2024, 07:32 AM
Drifting

ACE got back to me, Thank you.
Here is the info for anyone else that may need ECB wiring.ECB Box Wiring

Rover VSS = Red

GM VSS pos. = Yellow

GM VSS neg. = Blue

GM TPS = Green

Rover TPS = Black

Old 01-17-2024, 10:18 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping that ACE has not stop selling their conversion kit as I just bought a 5.3L LS engine with the plan to buy the conversion kit and repower my land rover that has a scuffed cylinder. If the kit is not longer available does anyone know what are the modifications that need to be done on the Land Rover Harness and on the LS harness? Also, what calibration or parameters need to loaded/modified on the LS PCM? I am hoping there is no need to put an additional device in between the Bosch ECM and the LS PCM to simulate inputs or send CAN messages, but if required I can build something up if I can get info on the messages or signals that need to be emulated. I understand I will have to fabricate/modify the wheel housing, mounts and build other adapters to get some of the accessories mounted, but I can deal with that (trial an error).

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Jose

Old 01-24-2024, 11:21 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by joseosanchez
I am hoping that ACE has not stop selling their conversion kit
Unfortunately, ACE isn't selling kits anymore. Below is their autoresponder. I got this when I emailed him pics of my ACE-swapped Disco on the trails. He thanked me for the picture after I got the autoresponder so he is monitoring the address. As far as I know there is no other kit to adapt to the LR trans and electronics. you'll have to swap in a 4L80 along with the 5.3L and get an aftermarket dash panel. You'll lose traction control and ABS (as far as I know). It's the best that can be done right now. It's pretty clear there's a hole in the market that can be filled by some enterprising company - I wish it was me!
Thank you for your interest in our D2 kits. Due to rising coast and
supply chain issues kits are no longer available, you should look
elsewhere for your Discovery 2 needs.

This email is monitored for questions by customers who have purchased kits.

Last edited by L33DiscoII; 01-24-2024 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joseosanchez (01-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion