General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013 | 02:17 AM
|
1st Gear
Question ABS help

Hi, I have a 2007 TDV6 HSE Sport which I bought from a LR dealer with 22" onyx alloys. I have a problem that when I turn right the abs kicks in on the front ns. I have had the vehicle at the dealers several times and they now tell me it's the wheels and that they won't work on a sport. I asked why Over finch and Kahn 22" wheels work on a sport and they just came off with waffle . They have now said they can put on crap 19 " original alloy wheels that look rubbish. i cant believe that they sold me the vehicle with those alloys and they don't work and its dangerous. I said i want good 20" alloys as a compromise, I think that's fair! Does anyone know why this only happens on the front ns and nowhere else if its the wheels. Any advice or help will be appreciated!

Old 04-19-2013 | 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Find an indy shop. It will be cheaper than litigation with the dealer. Or let them put the 19's on and test drive truck to see if problem gone.

You could have gunk in the space the ABS sensor fits into, preventing stable operation, but also could be a bad bearing making the sensor move away from aligned location..

Old 04-19-2013 | 09:08 AM
Pro Wrench

Generally when you have traction control/ABS activation on a single front wheel while turning, you're looking at a bad air strut. The low profile tires that you have can make it even more sensitive as you have less 'play' in the tire itself. With the car at normal height, and a door open, reach in the front right above the tire, and see if the spring is fully inflated.