General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2016 LR4 total meltdown. Dealer still stumped after 26 days in shop.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 LR4 total meltdown. Dealer still stumped after 26 days in shop.

Hello all,

New member here and I am hoping someone might have some guidance on a crazy service issue.

ISSUE:

In early February I was cruising down the freeway when suddenly every single warning indicator came on followed by ~ 13 error messages scrolling through on the center information screen. (I can’t post photos but I did manage to get pictures of 5 of the messages). Car went in to limp mode and was driving horribly (wobbly, no brake feel, capped at 30 mph, loss in power steering, etc). Pulled off freeway and into a gas station where I decided to shut off car and see if it might remedy issue. Problem is the car wouldn’t turn back on, nothing works and I mean nothing except the lock and unlock function from the key. No lights, no response from ignition button, no dome lights, nothing.

Towed it to my dealer where I purchased it new and have had all service work done and took a loaner home.

Of of course when they went to work on it everything was normal. Ran tests and couldn’t find anything wrong. Service manager drove it home and back to work and had no problem so after 10 or so days they told me come pick it up it’s all good. I show up and as they are pulling it around it happens. They send me home and lead technician is supposedly tackling the car. They haven’t been able to figure out what is wrong and we are no almost a full
month in.

Some me of the errors on the screen were:

Engine temperature indication fault
Transmission Fault
HDC Not available system fault
Charging System Fault
Terrain response special programs not available

-there were at least 8 more that I didn’t get photos of-

It is blowing my mind that the Land Rover service department can not figure out what the issue is. My understanding is they are confident it is not the alternator or battery. Service advisor said they initially thought it might be a bad connection somewhere but I believe that has been ruled out.

Sorry I cannot post photos of the display.

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

- Chris
2016 LR4 Landmark Edition
​​​​​​​