General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ac blower not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ac blower not working

I have a 2005 lr3 V8 SE, Tonight coming home from work i felt hot did not no why? look at the A/C IT was on but not blowing the lights work on the speed control for the A/C but it wont blow the rear A/C works fine but not the front help please i think it is the blower will find out in the morning

Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

Any update on what happened? The exact same thing just happened to me.

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

mostly the fan stops working cause the relay burns out, if that is good then make sure the fan has power and ground

Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

The same thing, essentially, has happened to me:

1. no air coming from te front vents, neither hot nor cold
2. can feel the cold air just trying to come out
3. the a/c in the back works just fine

Where can I find this relay mentioned previously?

Cheers,

Ronnie

Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

underneath the passenger side near the fan. its a relay with two screws. its goes inside the hvac box.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
4th Gear
Smile Thanks!

Thank you for the reply. I'm just now getting to this - school's been a bear and work is... work.

So I found blower motor relay on Amazon: http://amzn.to/qXH3rP I'm assuming this is the correct part. I've also had a look around in the passenger area, including under the dashboard, but I can't find an HVAC box. Mind you, I have no idea what I'm looking for! So when you say under the passenger side, you mean inside the car, under the dash. To the left? DO I have to pull the glove box out? I hate to be a PITA with so many questions, but I'm determined to make this repair myself. It sounds like it should be relatively simple and a good way for me to learn a little more about my vehicle. (I'm the type of guy that likes taking stuff apart and figuring them out, but that's usually confined to computers.)

Cheers!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

see below, from the RAVE; by the way, your own deluxe free copy is waiting for download as well. Covers it all. RAVE stands for Rovers A'int Very Economical. Would be on passenger side, may have to remove fascia trim panel under glove box. Find it in the RAVE under heating and ventilation

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 resistor pack.PDF (743.3 KB, 1169 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 10-06-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

VERY COOL! Thank you, Savannah Buzz, I really appreciate it! I'll have a look at landroverresource.com in a bit, but that .pdf link seems to be hinkey.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I reported that to Mike, not sure what is up with it, having problems with pdfs and pictures - they look great at my end, or if I go to edit mode, they just don't make the jump to hyperspace. Just started last night. Anyhoo, you'll want the whole RAVE, the D2 stuff is under pdf sub-file "L T"

Attached Files
d2 resistor pack.PDF (743.3 KB, 532 views)
inertia pix.PDF (297.2 KB, 568 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Thank you for the reply. I'm just now getting to this - school's been a bear and work is... work.

So I found blower motor relay on Amazon: Amazon.com: OES Genuine Blower Motor Relay for select Land Rover Discovery models: Automotive I'm assuming this is the correct part. I've also had a look around in the passenger area, including under the dashboard, but I can't find an HVAC box. Mind you, I have no idea what I'm looking for! So when you say under the passenger side, you mean inside the car, under the dash. To the left? DO I have to pull the glove box out? I hate to be a PITA with so many questions, but I'm determined to make this repair myself. It sounds like it should be relatively simple and a good way for me to learn a little more about my vehicle. (I'm the type of guy that likes taking stuff apart and figuring them out, but that's usually confined to computers.)

Cheers!

Hi Sirs,

I seem t be having the same problem.

Ronnie, how did you eventually resolve this problem?

Thanks