General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brake Wear (one side)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

"Try disconnecting the battery for 20 or 30 seconds"
what exactly do you think that is going to have to do with brake pad wear?
are you sniffing DOT 4 or something?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thanks to the PartsGeek, and AutoPartsWarehouse my truck is in one piece again.

I hated to do it, as one side was still practically brand new. Rotors I don't think had much more than 5000 miles on them.. brake pads looked like they did the day I put them on (on the left side), but sticking with best practices I replaced EVERYthing.

Ordered EBC YellowStuff for the fronts, and got the rears, so RE-Ordered the rears with an RMA for a return on the wrong pads.

I HAD EBC green stuff both front and back up to this point, but wanted to try the yellowStuff on the front.

New EBC drilled and slotted ROTORS.. replaced both of them..

And Centric Brake Calipers.. Very pretty and a shiny GOLD..

So I SWEAR the website said PADS NOT INCLUDED.. and behold, I open the box, and the Calipers had pads in them.. Turns out that's a good thing as it would probably be another week before the NEW new pads are in..

So now I have rear pads (YellowStuff) already on hand, and frontpads (GreenStuff(the girl from India convinced me if I didn't have a race car NOT to use the YellowStuff)) en-route. Think I'm just going to keep them on the shelf and hope I can remember where I put them the next time I do a brake job.

Used about 16 ounces of brake fluid doing the change out, and it took me braking hard about 10 times before they started working right.. no matter what the box said about "You WON'T have to break these in, they are ready to go!!", but no more Land Rover lawn ornament..