General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

doors won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:21 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: doors won't unlock

What jdanish has said above is absolutely correct. After speaking with him, and obtaining a new passenger compartment (under steering wheel, interior) fuse block from Will Tillery (roverguy.com) for $100 shipped, I have solved this problem. It is ridiculously easy to install, and Will does a nice job of packaging it and getting it to you quickly with a lengthy guarantee on the part. I can unlock again, and open my doors from the inside too!! Amazing!!

Thanks to John, and for the posters on this forum.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default Help

can you please give me some more info on this part? My truck is in security lock mode and engine and nothing will start?!

Originally Posted by laxerlager
What jdanish has said above is absolutely correct. After speaking with him, and obtaining a new passenger compartment (under steering wheel, interior) fuse block from Will Tillery (roverguy.com) for $100 shipped, I have solved this problem. It is ridiculously easy to install, and Will does a nice job of packaging it and getting it to you quickly with a lengthy guarantee on the part. I can unlock again, and open my doors from the inside too!! Amazing!!

Thanks to John, and for the posters on this forum.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default locked out and stuck!

Atleast you guys can do the dukes of hazzard climb in and go, I can climb in but can not go any where the whole truck has shut itself down! I dont have $750.00 for land rover to unlock a door, can someone please help me in something I can do!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jdanish
To anyone interested: IF the doors are locked and you can not use the internal switch nor the key to unlock anything but the left front door-[No unlock command] but the alarm works, and you can not use the handles inside- you need to change the IDM/Fuse block Look for a short in the lower outside of the printed circuit, most likely from water or condensation damage- seems to be Disco II related mostly.

jdanish
Pleasant Valley Garage
ASE IATN
can anyone show a pic of where this is on the fuse block?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Mudding

hey can anyone tell me if I can just unplug the wires to check the box closer? or will I have to bring it back to the dealer to get something reprogramed?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
4th Gear
Default passenger front stuck in superlock mode

I have a very similar problem. It started with my rear passenger door locks not responding to the remote, won't lock or unlock but the actuator was trying, I can hear and feel is pushing the lock up but it won't disengage. Interior switch, same result, doors won't lock or unlock. I can however manually lock by pressing the lock down and unlock by pulling the door handle.

I then pressed the remote lock button twice which engages superlock and the passenger front is now stuck in superlock. Back passenger doors still unresponsive to remove and interior switch, but can be locked and opened manually with the door handle.

Now the part that really puzzles me. The driver door and rear tailgate door work just fine, locks/unlocks, responds to the remote, interior switch, and door handle.

It's been suggested that the fix is related to the IDM/Fuse Block. Is anyone certain of this? I found a Fuse Block Interior for '03-'04 Discovery on Atlantic British for $399. Is this the correct part? Where can I find this for less, much less? Also, I want to be sure this is the problem before swapping out parts.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
4wd High

Deaneroo- Did you ever get your problem fixed. I am having the exact issue you spoke of. Did you replace the Fuse Block Interior? Was the repair difficult? Did you have to pay $399 for the part?
Thanks
Dave

Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 AM
3rd Gear

My 2005 hse is having the same problem, passenger front door locked.
Does my hse fal under these issues? the local dealer tells me the pass power lock assemblies very often and they sold me on one of those, i have not tried to install it. Not sure even how to get the door open to remove the door panel. i think removing the door handle for starters????
Please help

Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
5th Gear

Hello everyone,

The locking mecanisn is quite a subject. Mine has to deal "simply" with the single point entry. My 04 Disco locks fine using the key for all doors EXCEPT the driver door. I have to press a second time and then it locks. To open, I have to use the key to maually open the driver door, the other works ok with the remote. The owner manual says that a land Rover retailer can disabled this single point entry....Anyone with a good fix?