General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine noise and inspection camera!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abran
Classic, if you ever need anything, hit me up.

I'm in the middle of building a 4.6 with 4.0 Pistons, Crower cam, oversized valves, and HD springs. I'm hoping it with pass emissions. If it doesn't I will swap the heads and hope that the cam with the higher compression Pistons together will pass.

Top hat from Q&E.
Will do, thanks! For that 4.6 you built for your buddy that passed emissions, did you end up having to run aftermarket valve springs etc? Or were you able to get away with mostly stock everything else? I'm really not trying to build anything crazy with this thing, I just want it to actually last. It was supposed to be a low budget toy for me to play with, but that budget seems to keep magically doubling lol.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang196718
Will do, thanks! For that 4.6 you built for your buddy that passed emissions, did you end up having to run aftermarket valve springs etc? Or were you able to get away with mostly stock everything else? I'm really not tryinf to build anything crazy with this thing, I just want it to actually last. It was supposed to be a low budget toy for me to play with, but that budget seems to keep magically doubling lol.
Bone stock except top hat block and Crower cam.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Drifting

Bone stock except top hat block and Crower cam.
Perfect, that's what I was hoping. Literally the only things I wanted to do to mine outside of stock rebuild stuff is the flanged sleeves, arp head studs, cometic mls head gaskets, and the roller rocker setup that comes with the metered oil lifters and hollow pushrods. I'm hoping that with those things I'll hopefully solve or at least delay any future issues. So sounds like I'll be calling you soon for some quality bearings if you happen to sell those!

Old 01-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang196718
Perfect, that's what I was hoping. Literally the only things I wanted to do to mine outside of stock rebuild stuff is the flanged sleeves, arp head studs, cometic mls head gaskets, and the roller rocker setup that comes with the metered oil lifters and hollow pushrods. I'm hoping that with those things I'll hopefully solve or at least delay any future issues. So sounds like I'll be calling you soon for some quality bearings if you happen to sell those!
I sell used parts. Lucky8 is who I get my new parts from. Also V8tuner in the UK for performance items.

Who are you getting the roller rockers, lifters and rods from?

Also, the motor I built with the Crower passing smog is not a fluke. I know of three other motors with that cam that passed smog in ca.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Drifting

I sell used parts. Lucky8 is who I get my new parts from. Also V8tuner in the UK for performance items.

Who are you getting the roller rockers, lifters and rods from?

Also, the motor I built with the Crower passing smog is not a fluke. I know of three other motors with that cam that passed smog in ca.
Ahhh gotcha gotcha. I thought you were saying you sold new parts. Got it now.

The roller rocker setup is from a guy who I think is named Mark, his username is "racerxnet" on here. I pm'd him a few days ago asking about it but haven't received a response yet.

That's nice to hear that more than one of those crower cammed motors has passed, because from the sounds of it that cam really wakes these things up without having to do a bunch of other supporting mods that would start to get me into trouble with the epa. Lol.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

that is what i was going to suggest you would be better off putting your money into the lower end and top hatting the block, if you already planned on that, then spend away.
all the regulars names such Grant, Total performance, total seal, trw, clevite, crower all make parts for rover, it finding the correct numbers.
if you go threw a couple of the uk site like turner engineering and ARC you can get the numbers

Last edited by drowssap; 01-12-2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by drowssap
that is what i was going to suggest you would be better off putting your money into the lower end and top hatting the block, if you already planned on that, then spend away.
all the regulars names such Grant, Total performance, total seal, trw, clevite, crower all make parts for rover, it finding the correct numbers.
if you go threw a couple of the uk site like turner engineering and ARC you can get the numbers
Ahhh, we must have had a bit of a miscommunication then. Yep, the block and rotating assembly are already sitting down at q and e getting the work done for the flanged sleeves, I was doing that regardless of what I did with the valvetrain Hmmm....I guess I'll have to start calling around, hopefully some of these places actually know what they're talking about when I tell them it's a rover motor because I'd LOVE to be able to actually get some name brand parts for this thing, especially where it counts.