General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front-right wheel squeeking on bumps...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front-right wheel squeeking on bumps...

I have a 2002 Freelander SE w/ 82k miles on it.

Anyone have this issue? On the slightest patch of rough road the car "squeaks". Especially on any bumps, snow, etc. BUT, it really only does it when the car has been sitting overnight and when it is cold.

I had a dealership look at it, and they thought it was a brake caliper and changed it. They said the found it to be very "loose". Maybe it was been a touch better? but still kind of noisy.

It even seems that the car is more susceptible when I tilt the steering wheel slightly to the left.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Drifting

how about making left hand turns in general? does it worsen then? or just as you stated? if it does get worse on full left hand turns it could possibly be a wheel bearing. if it is just over bumps and slightly when left chances are you have a suspension bushing going out. check them anything cracking or starting to look extra dry can be lubricated and possibly prevented. if it looks worse it/they (bushings) will need to be replaced.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by oldrovertech
how about making left hand turns in general? does it worsen then? or just as you stated? if it does get worse on full left hand turns it could possibly be a wheel bearing. if it is just over bumps and slightly when left chances are you have a suspension bushing going out. check them anything cracking or starting to look extra dry can be lubricated and possibly prevented. if it looks worse it/they (bushings) will need to be replaced.
Well, it's not nearly as noticeable when making lefts or even slightly lefts... it's really the bumps or even just rougher roads. I only recently noticed about the left turn effect.

And again, it goes away after maybe 15 minutes of driving.