General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Independant Land Rover Garage/Mechanic SK, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Independant Land Rover Garage/Mechanic SK, Canada

Folks,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but has anyone got a contact or name of a garage or mechanic located in Saskatchewan, preferably within 200km of Regina. Specifically one who can do the full wheel alignment needed on the LR3.

Even the nearest dealer is over 225km from my location.

Many thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Here's the shop manual pages on 4 wheel alignment. Might want to read thru it as well as having any potential shop look at it. Note that it wants you to calibrate the steering sensor with a shop computer as one of the last steps. Not saying you or an indy shop can't do it, but it helps to have the factory ideas. I'll bet the dealer charge for this is "elevated".

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
4 wheel alignment.pdf (337.4 KB, 844 views)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks and I found a garage in my town who can do the alignment correctly. They are also looking at the truck regarding issues with the front suspension - again have done others before and they come highly recommended.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As long as you lock the steering wheel at centered when setting the front toe you should not have to recalibrate the SAS. Best bet if they cant put suspension into tight tolerance mode to align is to leave the truck running and in standard ride height. If they raise or lower the truck using jacks or change the ride height for any reason to make adjustments they will need to reset suspension ride height back to standard ride height before making any further adjustments. Even if the led is lit at standard it is a good idea to momentarily raise the ride height and lower it back to standard.
It's all to easy to mess up the alignment on the LR3 and Sport if you don't follow these simple instructions. The suspension will lower, the camber and toe will continue to change and tech will continue to try to compensate camber and toe till it's so far out their heads will spin...

Good Luck