General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LR3 Transmission fault, HDC failure and suspension lowered

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Usually near the battery container and under hood fuse block. Look for black wires that affix to bolts on the metal of the truck. Start with big black wire on battery and trace it along until it ends. This is generic for several Rovers. With such short repair time could not have been too far.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:12 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woodlandbay
Hey

Got that problem hdc fault, suspension lowered etc. Now I change the battery and a sensor and check all the wires in the back of the battery and guess what 600$ later and no change. This forum cost me 600$ for nothing exept that if you have a problem go to the dealer and will save alot of money. Now I know the problem and fixed it but you will have to pay if you want to know the answer.
Troll, looking to boost dealership traffic

Old 02-04-2022, 05:18 PM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is an 09 LR3. At first, seemed to happen on a very cold day, after driving for quite a while above 100k/hr.
Then weather got less brutally cold, and kept happening. Started happening sooner and at slower speeds.
I get "transmission fault" followed by "HDC fault" and then the vehicle lowers and rides like a lumber truck.

A restart fixes it, until I drive for a while again.
My battery is supposedly fine, according to Magna Charge shop.
Not sure if an alternator could cause the issue, as it does seem that it does not start as crisply as it should.
Vehicle is in great shape. 170km/ just over 100 000 miles.