General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Key Wont work remotely

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Key Wont work remotely

A while back my key remote on my '04 Disco HSE quit working and would not unlock or lock using the remote. I took it in to my dealer and they replaced the key but it still does not work. I can lock and unlock manually with the key on the driver's side door and it will set the alarm and lock all the doors.

The dealer said that my control unit was bad and that replacing it would run about $600 for the unit plus labor. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'd like to research more before I drop that kind of money. \

Any advice would be most welcome.
JGarza

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Mudding

have them try to resync the key to the system they need a 17 digit code where they can find either in their system, inside the key or they will have to call tech line for that information. if that still doesnt work make sure they check the frequency receiver located in the headlinder they tend to go out as well and if still doesnt work you need a new PLIP (REMOTE) NOT THE KEY

Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

This sounds like your remote needs to be programmed.
The remote is a separate part from the key.
If the battery in it goes dead and is left dead for to long the remote will loose its "sync" to the truck.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Drifting

I had a similar situation happen to me when I purchased an uncut key on ebay and had it lase cut for my 04 RR-HSE. Upon taking it to the LR Dealer, the tech stated that it had something to do with the new keys transponder and the ignition switch on my RR that would not allow it to properly sync. Other than that, not sure if your original key allows you to actually unlock/lock your doors, but if it doesnt, have your BCU "Body COntrol Unit" checked out. Kool. Good luck man....