General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger Side Washer Jet Not Spraying...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Passenger Side Washer Jet Not Spraying...

...my driver side is just a measly stream. What is the best way to start to fix this? I cleaned the jets...but I am afraid to just start pulling it apart after reading about people breaking and making it worse just trying to unclog a hose. So what would be some better suggestions to start troubleshooting?

I used rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to clean the outside of the sprayer jet.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

perhaps these pages will help from the shop manual. You can also download the whole thing for free in my signature links. Handy to have on a USB drive in the glove box.... Appears to be a T fitting in the hose assembly after it leaves the pump. On similar small spray orifices I have used a piece of stiff skinny wire, plucked from a wire brush. I would suppose a straight pin or sewing needle or paper staple made straight would also do. The spray nozzles in any car are prone to clog with chemicals in the water, like calcium scum on your shower head in the master bathroom.

In other words, the blockage is frequently within 1/4 inch of the tip.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Description and Operation.pdf (638.4 KB, 431 views)
Headlamp Washer Jet.pdf (36.8 KB, 366 views)
Headlamp Washer Pump.pdf (32.3 KB, 293 views)
Windshield Washer Reservoir.pdf (96.7 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 05-21-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. So I have read the RAVE over a few times and I think the hose is disconnected or cracked. I cleaned out the sprayer jet and it worked on the drivers side. Now I have two measly streams of water. Still none on the pass side.

So when I opened the hood. The washer fluid leaked out from under the covering on the hood lid. I get that I need to get to it...now my simple question is...

When I pop out the little thingy's (stop laughing) (see pic below) are they going to break? Should I go grab replacement thingy's before so that I can put that cover back up? No need to tell me what they are called...I am totally comfortable making an *** of myself at the service center LOL Won't be the first or last time

I wouldn't care, but we are going up to the mountains camping this weekend and I want to make sure that I can see past all the bugs I kill on the way up. Thanks so much!

Attached Thumbnails Passenger Side Washer Jet Not Spraying...-img_5262.jpg  

Last edited by astarrdemille; 05-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.