LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D3 immobiliser issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 04:38 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D3 immobiliser issue

Hi all,

Owner of a land rover D3 HSE2005 here. I brought the car from the auctions and have had a chat to the mechanic who used to service the car. He said the original owner got of roadbed and busted a coolant line which caused this. The busted line was to the rear right beneath the liner which I believe is for the rear heating.

The car won’t turn over at all and have a bunch of lights on the dash with an E near the ODO meter. Also comes up with “transmission fault: limited gears available”code.

The hazard lights go non stop and the temp gauge is all the way up with a red light on. Immobiliser light won’t turn off after inserting the key either.

I have replaced a battery, checked fuses as well. Also tried discharging the car by connecting positive abs negative terminals for a while.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by Kasim; 04-28-2022 at 08:27 AM. Reason: upload of dash photo
Old 04-24-2022, 10:08 AM
Winching
Received 114 Likes on 103 Posts

Lights on the dash and even messages in the little window are very generic and generalized. Since many of the systems are interrelated, one system may cause another one to stop, then that one has a code too. As a general rule, the more lights on the dash, the better. Without the codes, it is impossible to even start guessing. What does the code reader say?

Jeff

Old 04-27-2022, 03:36 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my LR3 in the shop checking somethings and in the progress of it we forgot to plug the connector to the parking brake control box in front of spare tire in and it did everything you described exactly, jack up on right rear frame and look over RR tire to the center of floor pan and you can see connector plugged in it has a white latch that locks it in place. make sure its plugged in good and follow harness make sure its not damaged, i believe there are two large connectors on top of LR frame rail above LR tire make sure they are connected good as well.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:16 AM
4th Gear

Thanks Jeff, Unfortunately, I dont have a code reader at home. I will however try to get one and put the codes onto here. thanks for your comments

Old 04-28-2022, 08:26 AM
4th Gear

Thanks TrickyNicky, I have had a look and it all seems to be ok interms of connection. however theres a small loose connector near the main connector that I have no clue where it plugs or if at all it should be plugged somewhere.

Old 04-28-2022, 03:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 771 Likes on 645 Posts

That looks like a plug dummy installed in that connector to me. Probably used for something you don't have installed.

To me this screams something is not connected though as mentioned. I would lean to the Central Junction Box all the way over to the HVAC panel not plugged in. I would start in the engine bay behind the batter, pull the cover and modules and inspect. Then move onto the CJB inside and keep working things over. Heck, if the transmission is not plugged in you get a buffet of errors too.