LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery D3 LR3 ROVER 2.5'' LIFT TRICK

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Okay....who wants to take this one?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default the one and only speaker sounds the dinging

Fortunately, It has been so long since I had a suspension problem - yes years now, after what seemed like a year of daily continuous problems until I got the bugs out - now blessed silence, except from the +4C (40F), low temperature warning which up here is really a high temperature alarm normally first heard in June signalling the onset of Spring - or perhaps more correctly warning of the reappearance of winter a few weeks thereafter.

I doubt that the air suspension ding can be silenced as these noises are generally a result of a line of code in software somewhere within the 3.

If it were possible to get rid of a ding, it would first be that key in ignition dinging that no one except the LR code writers seems to like. I imagine those geeks either drive Jags or ride bicycles - probably the latter so the dinging is never heard.

Once upon a time, all one had to do was find the offending buzzer related to the circuit you did not like and yank it; now, the one and only "buzzer" is a speaker mounted on the instrument panel printed circuit board that sounds any number of noises depending upon the software program. If you physically kill the speaker, you kill all the warnings for all the systems - and probably generate a permanently down to the stops safe mode instruction as well. In other words, to eliminate the noise, you have to rewrite the software as rarely did the code writers incorporate a switch.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cannot silence the Ding over 30 miles per hour warning unless you have a tool to program the CCF like a faultmate and set the option for 4 corner air suspension as not present.

Had to drive on mine for a week once with the fuses pulled until my new parts came in to repair the suspension.

Traction control will work with the fuses pulled on the suspension but only in a basic mode. Special programs (rock crawl, sand etc) will not function. Once I had to 4 wheel on the trail for 2 days with the fuse pulled after an airline blew between the compressor and the rear valve block.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default interesting idea

Originally Posted by trynian
You cannot silence the Ding over 30 miles per hour warning unless you have a tool to program the CCF like a Faultmate and set the option for 4 corner air suspension as not present.
With the air suspension set to "Not Present" in the CCF and if all was good with your air suspension, would all still be operational or does off mean off?

It sounds however like it would be as if one had pulled the F26E fuse but without the continued dinging - one looses the Special Programs and has reduced Traction Control, but still an interesting idea.

Now if we could come up with something to kill the Key in Ignition buzzer.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by bbyer
With the air suspension set to "Not Present" in the CCF and if all was good with your air suspension, would all still be operational or does off mean off?

It sounds however like it would be as if one had pulled the F26E fuse but without the continued dinging - one looses the Special Programs and has reduced Traction Control, but still an interesting idea.

Now if we could come up with something to kill the Key in Ignition buzzer.
All changing to "not present" seems to do is get rid of the fault indication on the dash. I tried once just changing it to "not present" before I fixed the issue and the system still worked as normal and when it faulted again it just went to the bumps but with no EAS fault on the dash. It just indicated as special programs not available and lowered to the bumps.

I was surprised when I was off road with the system fuse pulled that the traction control kicked in. Also the locking rear diff still functioned.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 AM
7th Gear

May have missed it but is there away to leave the suspension up without the dash going red or do I just ignore and deal with the light and chime?

Old 09-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 104 Likes on 89 Posts

Rod lift, LLAMS, or IIDTool

(Or leave the systems how LR intended)