LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacking locations

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Mudding
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Awesome addition to HiLift

Hey folks,

This is a great addition to my garage and recovery gear. It allows you to lift the vehicle by the wheel. Use blocking under the control arms and the tire is off the ground, ready to be changed in under five minutes. Of course, the vehicle should also be supported by a proper stand under the frame as well.

ALWAYS follow safe lifting and support procedures.

Happy wrenching!

Hi-Lift Lift-Mate (LM-100) - lift vehicle wheel directly from the wheel | Hi Lift Jack Company

Attached Thumbnails Jacking locations-himate.jpg   Jacking locations-2013-04-19.jpg  
Old 06-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Ghaniba
For TRUE offroad use, the hi-lift style jacks are #1. They ARE dangerous and you really need to pay attention to how you use them, for sure. Generally, I will use them on the rock rails to lift a truck up. In some that I've built, I'll weld on a couple of channels that will act as a buffer for the jack so that it doesn't shoot out.
LIFT MATE, mate. Lift your truck by the tire with a hi-lift.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=lift+...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

But also include you lift points into your bumpers/rock rails.

Have fun wheelin, I DO.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderman
LIFT MATE, mate. Lift your truck by the tire with a hi-lift.
Are those of any use other than to lift the truck out of a rut to fill in the earth under it? Generally, we'll just have someone else give you a tug out if you are that stuck.

Dave

Old 06-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Mudding

Apparently I decided to spam the LiftMate posts. I'm thinking that I meant to post the last one in another thread while I had two windows open.

Anyway, to answer the question: one could possibly change a flat with this set up IF there was blocking (available or carried in the vehicle) that could be used to block under the suspension while the jack was removed and the tire was changed.

Also, if there is no other vehicle to pull with or puling the stuck vehicle would cause damage to the body panels or underbody (especially the suspension compressor) then placing items under the tires to gain clearance would be a great asset.

I have yet to put my Hi-Lift to some real testing in the bush, but knowing that it is so versatile (also used as a hand winch) is reassuring. One tool to lift the vehicle to gain clearance, change a tire, and "winch" means I think it is worth taking along. The accessories make it even more versatile.

But that is my opinion, and we are all entitled to one. If it gets me out of a jam just once, I will consider it having paid for itself.