LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Fog Lamps not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 AM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool LR3 Fog Lamps not coming on

I am quite used to the 'reset switch' life of an LR Owner, but have no idea if there is a way to reset the headlight switch to re-activate my fog lamps, but they will not turn on. I have checked lamps (work in another vehicle just fine). I have followed wire leads and checked fuses. Is there a 'reset function', like on our wonderful windows and skylights?? Any ideas??

Old 10-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Price drop! JK. Never heard of a reset function. I don't want to state the obvious, but lights on and you are pulling the switch out?

Old 10-24-2018, 04:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

I had to ask some one how to turn the fogs on as the switch doesn't make it obvious.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The only issue I ever had with fog lights not working was due to the wires behind the bumper not being well secured and they had chaffed through. I found this after initially replacing the fuse and it instantly blew. That said you detail you have checked the fuse, so I would go with what others have said - be sure you are pulling the actual switch our one click, two clicks for the rear fogs.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, thanks. I know to pull the switch out with lights in the 'on' position.
Later thread... thanks - I will check the wires behind the bumper... have not looked at those.
'Price drop' - it is never ending! (I think I'm just keeping it... still best off road runner I've ever had... time to stop putting $$ into it though!)

Old 10-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 715 Likes on 601 Posts

Before you pull the bumper to look, just make sure you are getting power at the connector. The fog & parking sensors connections are under the passenger side (left hadn't drive) headlight. Cant miss em.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:02 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No need to pull the bumper - you can get to the wires quite easy as I recall

Old 10-24-2018, 10:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe I've missed it, but have you worked backwards with a voltmeter? Running around replacing items in the blind without testing the circuits seems like a waste of time. Rather than swapping things between vehicles, start testing what you have. Could be a bad relay, could be a bad switch, but who knows without testing the circuit and each of its components.

Old 01-27-2024, 06:10 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Fog Lights Not Working, OEM Accessory Bumper Mounted

Hi, new member here!

I recently picked up a 2008 LR3 HSE (left hand drive). It’s has LR OEM upper front bumper mounted fog lamps. They were dealer installed with the correct wiring harness and in-dash switch. The truck also has the lower fog lights that came standard on HSE’s that are operated with the headlight switch.

I can turn in the rear fog lamps with the headlight switch. However the lower front fog lights don’t come on and there’s no green front fog light indicator illuminated in the instrument cluster.

The switch for the additional accessory fog lamps turns on (the switch has an orange indicator light), but the fog lamps don’t actually come on either.

Bulbs are good in both the standard and accessory fog lamps. I’ve tested the wiring harness for the lower fog lamps and it doesn’t seem to be getting power at the termination where the harness attaches to the bulb.

I’m thinking it’s a relay issue? I’m not sure where to find the correct relay. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!