LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

messsge Special programs not available

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Bad year for this river rear diff ,wheel bearing and tonight I discovered a bad left rear caliper I also did a conversion kit transmission pan and filter,That was fun removing those small torx bolts from the cover.
It’s going in Thursday I’ll let you know what they find Hooefully they will be able to pinpoint the problem my guess is a height sensor or ABS sensor

Old 05-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Default All terrain module

special programs not available Land Rover mech says it’s throwing a code pointing to the all terrain module under the center console

Old 05-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Special Programs not available

LR mech it’s throwing a code that points to the all terrain module that sits under the center console

Old 05-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Three Wheeling

Ok LR is replacing the All Terrain module Hopefully that resolves the fault

Old 05-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Not the terrain response sw

Ok help please it’s becomming a money pit. So far the Terrain Response switch has been replaced and it’s still messaging Special Programs not available. They were moving to do s visual inspection of the ECU module behind the battery. And then moving into diagnosing the harness that the terrain response seems plugs into
my question is doesn’t the code that the diagnostic equipment picks up pinpoint the problem or is that to easy to expect any advise or experience with this problem would be emencly appreciated.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Default All terrain response module

they replaced it NG when the tech plugged it in it lit and went right out they are checking the transfer case module next then the wiring harness that’s connected to the Terrain response module location ed in the center console. Any idea or experience would be appreciated

Old 05-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Common sense ck.

i was told there aren’t fuses or relay associated with the Terrace n response sw can this be true?

Old 05-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

There might some common fuses. My money is on transfer case ECU.

what is the exact code their scanner is showing? Tell them you want the code and it’s message.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Question ECU replaced

OK they are telling they replaced the ECU which took care of the High to Low and a wire jumper to car ( not sure about what that means ? ) which took care of the error"Special Programs Not Available" the message cleared and they are road testing it but that was an hour ago and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Exclamation 2005 LR3 Special Programs not available

OK hers the final analysis and repair for anyone who has 1 single constant message "Special Programs not Available" which totally shut down the Terrain Response center console switch including the Hi Lo toggle Switch. The transfer case ECU was replaced and an overlay wire was installed to the body of the truck (a ground wire) .It was stated that because the circuit involved was independent from other components a new ground could be installed at the source location and other components would not be affected and time could be saved in searching for the bad ground. So far so good all working fine.

On another note I have a strange tingling noise coming from the front of the engine 4.4L diagnosis and opinion from LR tech says timing chain and tensioners and guides is his best guess after removing belts trying to isolate the noise. Its a noise that has been present for 4-5 years almost sounds like a ball bearing jingling around. So the journey continues. I love this truck! TBC

The following users liked this post:
Luisfe (01-26-2022)

Quick Reply: messsge Special programs not available